Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to find diamante brooche's or buttons

• 09-04-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought 4 Roswitha Molloy bridesmaids dresses for my wedding in December. They are black taffeta 50's style, three quarter length with a black ribbon tied around the waist. I bought them second hand and on the black ribbon there is a little diamante button. My problem is that some of the stones are after falling out of some of the buttons and I need to replace the buttons. If I could get brooches it would do the same job. Does anyone know where I would find these. I've searched e-bay to no avail. They have to be just the normal plain diamond white colour.

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

you could just buy little daimonte's to replace the missing ones? you can buy little flat backed Swarovski crystals in crown jewels, just behind georges st arcade, or in yellow brick road on the quays near liffy st. you could just super glue them in place, they'll hold fine, and be so sparkly no one will probably notice.

alternatively you could try charity shops for old brooches, each bridesmaid could have a slightly different but similar one? might be nice? or else try the wollen mills in liffey st for buttons, they probably won't be so nice though. there was a lot of daimonte around the highstreet about a year ago, so you might still be able to find something smilar around in cheaper non-branded kind of shops, like "no-name" and those kinds of places. the bad quality might ruin the look of the dresses though. if i was you, before i'd do this i'd try and make something myself form swarovski beads. just cluster them together on some wire. if you can't manage you could always comission someone who works in teh shop to figure it out for you..

good luck with the wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

If you're in Dublin try 'Reubens'. It's beside the entrance to the Westbury mall, beside 'Noa Noa'. They have a good selection of pretty buttons and are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

Thanks for that everyone,

I'll have a look the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

you could also try Jenny Vanders and The Castle Market vintage shops around the Georges St arcade area in dublin for vintage dimante brooches, saw some lovely vintage jewlery and brooches in both places the last time I was there.

Advertisement