Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorboat in corrib river

Options
  • 09-04-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

at Dangon and college river side saw people having :D fun on a few different types of motorboats. are these tourist attractions or just, i.e. yachting club activities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've been on the water a few times over the past few days with the nice weather, what boat's did you see?

If you want to get on the water, try the Corrib Princess or in the summer months you can hire out rowing boats at Woodquay. But to answer your question, all the 'fun' boats on the Corrib are private

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

John, any contact details for those rowing boats? Wouldn't mind going up the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

A Chap along the waterside by the name of Ger Nally if you go to his tshirt print shop apos GRC

SyxPak wrote:
    John, any contact details for those rowing boats? Wouldn't mind going up the river.

If you see a white boat approaching at around 35MPH and a huge wash coming from the back, sit back and hope for the best ;)

Just doing my bit for shoreline erosion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's better if you take a picnic, bottle of wine, and two or three people.

And yes, I'm advocating drinking on the water. YES.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't there a speed limit on sea and river waters within the city borough since 1997 but the council have never actually enforced this

and jet-skis are actually banned..

Yes to both. They have no way of enforcing either though. The only way to cathc a guy with a jetski is to find where he puts in and wait for him. And you know how likely that is to happen.

City council do not have a speed limit on the river from my understanding. I have asked this questin numerous times. Could be wrong here though, doesn't stop me doing 30-50MPH up the river, and never will.

Jet-ski's ARE banned within the city burough. This is basicly the whole of the river Corrib. Never mind the 'getting caught' you'll be fcuked out of it by other.

Unfortunately I don't ever see the Corrib getting enforcment, there isin't enough traffic. The Garda water unit came up one day last summer and nearly hit rocks a few times, I don't think they'll be back tbh

Go over to the Commercial dock where UCG heads have exams apparently. there's a 15mph speed limit posted there.

Advertisement