Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ufc 69

• 09-04-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Its on tonight at 9pm on Bravo.

Also, the Ultimate Fighter reality show starts 11pm on Tuesday. Its must see and looks to be a crazy series.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I spoiled the result of the main event for myself by accident last night, so I watched a couple of fights then. Good matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    I spoiled the result of the main event for myself by accident last night, so I watched a couple of fights then. Good matches

it was a good night.......
    The lightweight match between huerta and garcia was definitley match of the night.
    Next one is two weeks away and I think its on sky box office too because its in Manchester.The last one that they had in the Uk was on box office too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

fatal wrote:
    it was a good night.......
    The lightweight match between huerta and garcia was definitley match of the night.
    Next one is two weeks away and I think its on sky box office too because its in Manchester.The last one that they had in the Uk was on box office too

I think its on Setanta ppv this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Definately on Setanta PPV. Do cable customers have that?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Definately on Setanta PPV. Do cable customers have that?
    as far as i know....no!!!
    Any idea on how much it will cost?

• Advertisement

I enjoyed the show. 2007 even if we are just in April has been the year for surprises in MMA.

Hopefully Cro Cop won't be the next odds on favorite to take a tumble because Couture v Cro Cop is potentially a huge match for the UFC. Plus I really want to see it.

Very good ppv. I've been a fan of Huerta for a while, I really enjoyed his fight! Sanchez and Koscheck is one I wouldn't want to watch again, but I liked it. In a way, it's probably a good result for Diego. And I love Matt Serra! I heard Serra vs Hughes has been signed, I'm lookin forward to that

I thought I read somewhere a couple of months back that while Setanta will be showing some UFC ppvs, Bravo would still show them free a few days later. Looks like that's not happening, or I read it wrong. UFC seem to want to have their events as ppv's here in the future

Fozzy wrote:
    I thought I read somewhere a couple of months back that while Setanta will be showing some UFC ppvs, Bravo would still show them free a few days later. Looks like that's not happening, or I read it wrong. UFC seem to want to have their events as ppv's here in the future

You could be right although I haven't heard it. Bravo might show it a couple of days later in the same way alot of boxing fights are over here and in the US.

I think right now though the plan they're going with is that all pay per views in America, we will see for free on Bravo.

And the pay per views over in the UK, we will have to pay for through Setanta but everyone in the States will get to see it free on Spike.

Its Serra v Hughes next with talk of Pierre v Sanchez too. The UFC aren't too happy with Koscheck apparently after the remarks he made post fight and the fight in general. He's a heck of a bad guy and the promo saved the whole fight for me.

Ah, that's stupid with Koscheck. I wasn't a fan of him at all before the fight, but he had the perfect strategy and I really liked it. Usually I don't like when MMA guys heel the audience, but Koscheck did it good! Some wrestlers could learn a thing or two from him

The UFC aren't too happy with Koscheck apparently after the remarks he made post fight and the fight in general. He's a heck of a bad guy and the promo saved the whole fight for me.

The UFC should be alot more pissed off with what Sanchez did to koscheck at the weight in which nearly caused him to fall of the stage.....
    Hyping up a fight is always a good thing to make money but I think that the fighting should be left for the Octagon.In my opinion koscheck won the fight both inside and outside the cage......

• Advertisement

fatal wrote:
    The UFC should be alot more pissed off with what Sanchez did to koscheck at the weight in which nearly caused him to fall of the stage.....
    Hyping up a fight is always a good thing to make money but I think that the fighting should be left for the Octagon.In my opinion koscheck won the fight both inside and outside the cage......

Again I think they're probably more upset with Diego over the fight than the push although I'm sure they were upset with that too.

Koscheck definitely won fair and square but I can see why they're disappointed with both guys.

Yep, the UFC is a sport but its also the epitome of sports entertainment. Wins and losses do matter but how you win and how you lose matters too. You can agree or disagree with that approach but so far its worked for them.

The fight was built up to be a huge grudge match and it just didn't deliver.

And if you had paid $40 specifically to watch an intense grudge match, well you'll be reluctant to do it again for either guy when they are in the semi main, particularly Koscheck who doesn't have the track record of exciting fights like Sanchez has. He did save the day with the promo though (although I'm not sure he knew it at the time)!

Nonetheless, it was still a really good show.

Oh, and UFC signing Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is big news, although I suppose he was bound to fight there at some stage. Deadly fighter, I really like him. The UFC heavyweight division has so much more talent now compared to a year ago

Fozzy wrote:
    Oh, and UFC signing Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is big news, although I suppose he was bound to fight there at some stage. Deadly fighter, I really like him. The UFC heavyweight division has so much more talent now compared to a year ago

Yeah a year ago it was basically Arlovski and Silvia. Now its really packed and Brandon Vera has opted to stay too.

The lines are already getting blurred between UFC and Pride. Whether thats a good thing for Pride as a successful separate group I'm not so sure though.

Advertisement