Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sport car friendly insurers?

Options
  • 09-04-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows any... 26 Male, Full clean license. Currently insured on a 2001 1.8 Celica VVTi-190 (190bhp). I'm now bringing in a 1996 3.0 GTO non turbo (225bhp).

Comments

steve06 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows any... 26 Male, Full clean license. Currently insured on a 1.8 01 Celica VVTi-190, bringing in a 3.0 96 GTO non turbo.

Try quinn direct. Try get an online quote first and if they give you an online one ring up and use that if they refuse over the phone.,

Or
    123.ie

Hibernian might be worth a try too, i'm 25 and they gave me the best quote on a 2.5ltr bmw.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

26 male 1.8 Astra coupe €750 fully comp with hibernian through top-quote direct brokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, I'm with Quinn at the moment, they wont quote me even though I'm with them already. Tried 123 and insure.ie and no joy their either. And Hibernian wont quote me online.... Great insurance companies we have over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

As a last resort - you can try excessdirect - you'll have a 4 grand excess, but they will insure almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could also try St Paul's or Britton Insurance. I think they are brokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

As a last resort - you can try excessdirect - you'll have a 4 grand excess, but they will insure almost anything.
    xsdirect.ie

Handy if you have a couple of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

I have a mate that has garage insurance,he can drive anything and has just moved to an EVO4 from a skyline...€2800 PA he said it was,(doesnt have a garage BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

slickmcvic wrote:
    I have a mate that has garage insurance,he can drive anything and has just moved to an EVO4 from a skyline...€2800 PA he said it was,(doesnt have a garage BTW)
    Should be fun if there's ever a claim !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

AIB were the cheapest quote for me....it is only a Corsa though:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

also most garage insurance polices only over everything on 3rd party, so if you driving a car worth 20k and have a bad tip, kiss goodbye to your 20k !:mad:

• Advertisement

xsdirect.ie - useless, doesn't even list the GTO when you get a quote. I'll keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

For that car you will have to ring the companies, not just check online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yep - ring xcess - they will go thru the quote wth you and refer it to a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If you buy the car and switch your current policy over Quinn will insure you, when you phone up to swap just make sure you mention the car is sitting on your driveway and you are about to head to work in it. Worked for me a year ago on something they wouldn't qoute me on at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

I use a broker but i am insured under Royal sun and Alliance who have always been 'understanding' when it comes to insurance. Similar age 26 Female, Full clean license and insured on two 3+ litres. I won't lie and say it's not expensive though ;) Good luck with the new car!

just called exces direct, €1200 fully comp. 4k excess but can buy that down at €250 per thousand. Sounds good to me. I'll see what Quinn say about it when I get it arrives, if they give me any crap I'll tell them to take a hike!

here it is btw...

gto1wg9.jpggto2vk3.jpg

Nice car, GTOs are still making big money even in Japan aren't they? An importer told me thats why you don't see many over here yet, no profit to be made bringing them in.

wouldn't say that, I could make a few thousand on it, but I'm gonna keep it. Grade 4 car, really good condition. all in, will cost me 6k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Funxy wrote:
    I use a broker but i am insured under Royal sun and Alliance who have always been 'understanding' when it comes to insurance. Similar age 26 Female, Full clean license and insured on two 3+ litres. I won't lie and say it's not expensive though ;) Good luck with the new car!
    What cars and how much?

Classified information I'm afraid. But like i said at least Royal Sun and Alliance are good at listening and trying to accomodate younger drivers especially when they have a full clean licence :)

Looks like a nice car, enjoy it!

• Advertisement

Funxy wrote:
    Classified information I'm afraid. But like i said at least Royal Sun and Alliance are good at listening and trying to accomodate younger drivers especially when they have a full clean licence :)

Looks like a nice car, enjoy it!
    well you're obviously into cars, heading to a lambo meeting.... looking for track day insurance...

Every year you get a new car and reserve a plate... so now you have a 07 brought in from the UK, reserved a plate, it's over 3ltr and would be good on a track but bullbars wouldn't suite it!

So it's a sports car over 3ltr! must be something special, has it been shot and posted in the "what I saw today" thread?

Steve I didn't realize you were a private detective ;) Damn lol! I don't reserve plates every year though, i promise!!! I don't want to hijack this thread but suffice to say if boards had a proper search and you could see threads posted under there would be more clues. I love drivers cars that are raw. Unfortunatly due to 'what i saw today', i decided to post and defend a certain Uk Car Manufacturer from people who thought their bodywork melts and other such drivel :p

steve06 wrote:
    wouldn't say that, I could make a few thousand on it, but I'm gonna keep it. Grade 4 car, really good condition. all in, will cost me 6k

6k on Irish plates? Thats pretty cheap, they make over 10k easily here now.

Can someone explain to me why Funxy can't say what car?
    Is it nicked or something?

Yup it's nicked! I actually just wasn't so keen on saying it but that being said it seems as if steve is pretty good at the detective work i just thought i'd play along with him for a bit see if he can work it out was all! :p

Well that must be a weight off your sholders now that you have finally come clean. ;)

right, you have a TVR then....

and my guess is that you have the TVR Sagaris that's been posted in the what I saw thread, along with a collection of other nice cars!

So due to my great detective skills.. can I have a go?

If you see me passing by and manage to get me to stop then sure thing ;):p

Now backk on topic, hows the search going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

TVR's are nice. GTO's are nice. Fair play to ye for buying nice rare cars!
    Still don't understand why Funxy doesn't want to divulge her car info, no shame in TVR ownership. And it's not as if we're going to take the info and look up "Funxy" in the telephone directory and go and steal it! I'm sure any would-be TVR thiefs in the country already know where it is! :)
    Whats the other car then? And do you have 2 policys? It must be major expensive on the 2nd policy as you can't count your no-claims bonus on the 2nd one.
    I got a reasonable quote from FBD on a Mazda RX8 recently. Must try an M3 for a quote now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

tuxy wrote:
    For that car you will have to ring the companies, not just check online.

Agreed, no online system will quote you.

Advertisement