Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netopia Broadcasting problem

• 09-04-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

There is something wrong with my netopia router. It will not broadcast any wireless signal even though it is turned on in the settings and the wireless link light is on. I really don't have any idea what the problem is with it after spending hours trying to figure it out.

I know that it is the router as I have taken my laptop to college and am able to connect to that network.

I tried uninstalling the software it uses but It wont let me.

Can anybody help me ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Just a simple taught have u put a name for your network. This is known as its SSID (Service Set Identifier) which is usually set to a default depending on your router.

If this is left blank your wireless card wont detect it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

steveon wrote:
    Just a simple taught have u put a name for your network.

Yep, it is set to the default Eircom SSID. I really dont have a clue what is wrong with it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

try connecting without security, work from this, ie wep or wpa codes must be all the same configuration.

Tried it and unfortunately I cant report any progress. The laptop still wont see it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Did you try resetting the router?

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote:
    Did you try resetting the router?

Not too sure how to do that. I tried turning it off and plugging it out but didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I would trying downloading Netstumbler

http://www.netstumbler.com/.

I was having similar problems before, but it turned out SSID was not ticked in my case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

There's usually a pinhole at the back of the modem that you push in with a pin for a few secs. Resets the unit to all it's default settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do any of your friends have a laptop that you could try with the router?

irlrobins wrote:
    There's usually a pinhole at the back of the modem that you push in with a pin for a few secs. Resets the unit to all it's default settings.

Tried that but no success. I will try download that software when I have a bit more time. I'm just going out the door know

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Do any of your friends have a laptop that you could try with the router?

Yeah, I will try get someone down to the house and have a look just in case but I'm pretty sure the problem is with the router

Advertisement