Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

License plates on trees??

Options
  • 09-04-2007 5:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Driving to dublin today i noticed on 2 occasions a license plate tied to a tree of pole on the main road. Was this a coincidence or is it there for a reason to mark an accident?

Yeah its bank holiday monday, hungover and pondering pointless subjects!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

They probably fell off a car and someone with good intentions put them on a tree so their owner could spot them. Not a good idea, I would normally destroy a plate if I found one on the side of a road. some idiot might have a bright idea of using it as a false plate in a robbery. They are less than e10 for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm sure someone wouldn't plan a robbery around a number plate they found on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ditto Colm. I suppose it could be to mark an accident, people get strange ideas about marking roadside deaths. Outside Buttevant, there's a headstone with a 'Scania' numberplate above it, and that's just one example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

It,s the special branch, even though they disguise the cars they have to have reg plates!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

stratos wrote:
    It's the special branch

You sir, are a comedic genius! Coffee all over the desk now :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

colm_mcm wrote:
    I'm sure someone wouldn't plan a robbery around a number plate they found on the side of the road.
    Did I say plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Bradidup wrote:
    Did I say plan?
    No but plans and ideas go hand in hand.

Advertisement