Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw clear lights!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Becareful that they are for the Coupe. Afaik the E46 Coupe had slightly different light design to the saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

The front lights a quite a bit different on the saloon to the coupe alright - but they're definitely coupe ones in the picture, they'll be fine on a 318ci

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so did the front lights on the E46 come in sections? ie indicators separate to rest?

wasn't the case on the E39 and I had to buy the whole unit

Lex Luthor wrote:
    so did the front lights on the E46 come in sections? ie indicators separate to rest?

wasn't the case on the E39 and I had to buy the whole unit

Yes - completely separate on both the coupe and saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Similar lights are available on micks garage http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?prodid=68671&prodkey=95866ab2-935b-4dac-a64e-f985814a5f0d would probably work out the same when you calculate shipping and its better than waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wouldn't US lights be different too, have amber parking light?

colm_mcm wrote:
    wouldn't US lights be different too, have amber parking light?

Its the bulbs that are coloured on the clear indicators - just stick in Silvervision bulbs, or amber ones and they'll be fine.

The ones in Micksgarage are similar to the OEM ones - they'd be my preference, the ones in the ebay link are crystal style ones though so they're not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no, what I'm wondering is does the US 3 series use a different type/size of bulb in the repeater lens to the European model?

No, the bulbs are completely separate to the housing - theres no compatibility issues

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

cheers for all the advice guys, picked the ones from Micksgarage! any advice on clear repeater lights to match?

• Advertisement
Advertisement