Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question thread

• 09-04-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hey, once I get the naswer to this question, why not ask another,

How is Ronaldo getting on with ac milan?
    Is he injured?
    if he's playing is he scoring goals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Passport wrote:
    Hey, once I get the naswer to this question, why not ask another,

How is Ronaldo getting on with ac milan?
    Is he injured?
    if he's playing is he scoring goals?

Quite well, no, and yes.

How can anyone on earth think Gerrard is better than Lampard? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

for one they could have seen both play for their country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

~Rebel~ wrote:
    for one they could have seen both play for their country.

Unless you're talking about Andorra (surely not?), last time the stakes were high, both missed from the spot. Not much to choose there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

in any of the England games since the world cup gerrard has been better. Neither have been particularly great, but that wasn't the question.

I've defended Lampard a good few times on here in the past, i do think he gets an awful lot of abuse he doesnt deserve, but if it came down to it, if i could pick one of them for my team, i would pick gerrard. I feel he's a little better if you're struggling, has that extra bit of leadership to lift the team around him and has a habit of inspirational actions when they're needed (westham, milan), not to say lamps doesnt (barca) but for me, Gerrard edges it. The versatility to do a job wherever its required is also a plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

is it me, or is John O Shea actually on a decent run of form lately, for club and country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On the Gerrard/Lampard thing. The main reason I think people think Lampard is better is that he gets the easiest ride so is able to look better. He gets played in his proper position for cluba nmd country and has players doing his dirty work for him. Gerrard on the otherhand gets shoved from pillar to post and fitted in where needed, he gets put out of position for England to accomodate Lampard.
    The reason I think this happens is that managers know Gerrard is beter and so can cope with playing different roles, whereas Lampard wouldnt be nearly as effective.

I think Gerrard in a free role behind the strikers would be the best player of his type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

The_B_Man wrote:
    is it me, or is John O Shea actually on a decent run of form lately, for club and country?

Yes and what is even more suspicous is staunton's new right back role for him is catching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Passport wrote:
    Yes and what is even more suspicous is staunton's new right back role for him is catching.
    Not really, the only reason why he's playing there for Utd. is because Neville is injured. The unfortunate thing about JOSH is that he gets so much stick for not being a "World Class" player (whatever that is) but yet he doesn't ever play in a fixed position, therefore it's hard to criticise a player that doesn't play in the same position week in week out. He's basically the new Phil Neville. Maybe that's not a good thing for supporters but for a manager it's a Godsend.

Just out of interest, what position do people think Gerrard is best suited to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Yeah, that goal against Liverpool seems to have been the catalyst for the Joshinator to return to his Figo-nutmegging days.

Why did Barcelona sell Ronaldo to Inter in 1997 after his 47 goal season, and for a profit of only £6 million. I know there was a contract dispute but I just can't understand the sheer lack of ambition in the Barca hierarchy that resulted in selling him rather than doing something, anything to keep him.

Advertisement