Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ordering engine components?

Options
  • 09-04-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to order parts like ducting connected to either air intake or exhaust from dealers, or would it be less hassle to leave it in and get it fixed?

Was rooting around in the engine bay of my Safrane a while back and notice a bit of smoke coming from a joint that seems to be connected to the exhaust system ( its coming out of the engine anyway) also, theres a small rubber tube that is about half the width of a drinking straw attached to the hose thats split and oily. I'm looking to replace the parts. It's all clipped together and jubilee clipped on the joints so i rekon it'd be handy enough to do, just need to get the parts.

It's a 2.5 20V Volvo engine (same one as in the V70 etc)

I have a few pics i can attach if needed.

It doesnt seem to be having any adverse effect as the car is running 100% as far as i can tell.
    Alternativly, any Renault or Volvo mechanics on boards that could offer advice.

A builder we do work for has a brother thats a mechanicin a Renault garage so if all else fails I'll just let him do it but being a poor apprentice I need to keep costs down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You might get a replacment tube from a motor factor or DIY shop

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

funny enough i just came across the exact part im after on ebay.fr :D

anyone able to speak french to do the "contact a seller" bit for me? I get a message that i can kind of figure out means "you cannot "buy it now" as you are not in france" so i need to get the guy to set it to accept my bid.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320083831130&fromMakeTrack=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cos its a small enough part, I'd say you could get him to send it at your expense. Or maybe Hagar could buy it, oh no he hates paypal so that won't work! Looking at his whole shop you should get on good terms with this guy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    Looking at his whole shop you should get on good terms with this guy.

Mike.

Yeah i was thinking that. I could buy everything and build a 2nd car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

try someone here

It seems to be France only postage though from what I can make of it with my rustbucket French. Peculiar people

• Advertisement
Advertisement