Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Undertaker

• 09-04-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

The Undertaker has been told this will be the first long-term title run of his career. Vince told him he wanted to give him a long-run but needed a commitment to a full-time schedule in return. It remains to be seen just how long Undertaker can keep up the schedule as he is in need of a hip replacement. The idea of Undertaker/Batista was first pitched last August by Dusty Rhodes and Alex Greenfield. Vince approved it in September but said no decision on the finish would be made at that time, prompting many to think he wanted Batista to end the streak. In truth, Vince doesn't want the streak to end and so it probably never will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Undertaker will hold out the hip surgery for as long as he needs to while he is champ..I can see this streak being one of his very last and very long aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i was there when he went 15-0 so i was well happy,people were marking out everywhere in that arena (me included),he should go at least until survivor series with the belt make a proper run out of it,i hope to god they dont put him back in with guys like mark henry and khali why does taker always get stuck with big guys who cant wrestle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

krudler wrote:
    i was there when he went 15-0 so i was well happy,people were marking out everywhere in that arena (me included),he should go at least until survivor series with the belt make a proper run out of it,i hope to god they dont put him back in with guys like mark henry and khali why does taker always get stuck with big guys who cant wrestle?

yeah rub it in why don't ye:p

I would love to see him keep the title for several months(although with his hip in bad shape it's a big ask) then do a programme with Edge later this year whereby it culminates with a 'streak v streak' match at next years Wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

krudler wrote:
    i hope to god they dont put him back in with guys like mark henry and khali why does taker always get stuck with big guys who cant wrestle?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully the minds that be will put him in the ring with people who know how to work around injuries, instead of causing them. Feuds with Kennedy and Booker T (when he returns) should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He's already had recent enough feuds with them.

Give him a feud with Benoit for a few months.

• Advertisement

bit off topic but you know who i really want to see feud? kennedy and edge,imagine the promos those guy would be throwing at each other,cmon vince break the mold and have 2 heels feud,let the fans decide who'll be cheered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

stil off topic,watched highlander today is it my imagination or is mcleod watching the freebirds wrestle in msg at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

that is indeed the freebirds :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091203/fullcredits#cast - look at the bottom of the credits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

yeah rub it in why don't ye:p

I would love to see him keep the title for several months(although with his hip in bad shape it's a big ask) then do a programme with Edge later this year whereby it culminates with a 'streak v streak' match at next years Wrestlemania.

Good Idea, except Edge does'nt have a streak anymore, he lost at 'mania

D-FENS wrote:

I thought they might have tryed to get around it by the fact he was taken out of the match early through injury. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i do think he is going to have a long title reign, being portrayed as the dominant deadman but um how does the OP know what vince has told Taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

i do think he is going to have a long title reign, being portrayed as the dominant deadman but um how does the OP know what vince has told Taker

His post was taken from the observer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

D-FENS wrote:

I don't think that counts as a loss not too sure but I'd say they'll still play on the streak bit, sure they treat fans like dummies anyway changing things even though the fans remember ala Kane being horribly burned.

im sure edge will get some mileage out of being taken out of the match,prob fued with jeff for taking him out and claim he didnt really end his streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

speaking of tombstones and memories, I was watching The Undertaker DVD last night. His match with Bret Hart, when Shawn Michaels was the guest referee, was great to watch again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I remember when 'Taker was still in his badass phase, feuding with The Rock methinks. He gave Rocky a tombstone, but it had been so long since it had been used, the fan reaction mas magnified. Undertaker said himself in an interview that people knew when they saw the tombstone, he meant business. Now everyone is catching tombstones left, right and centre. Undertaker has a plethora of moves that could put someone away: Last Ride, chokeslam, triangle choke, dragon sleeper. I'd love to see the tombstone being used more sparingly so that it could regain its status as an ultimate finisher. Sort of like what the Superfly did with his top-rope splash. Sometimes he'd finish off with a headbut, but people would keep on coming back in case the next time would be the time they get to see the Superfly soar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Oh Yeah, the badass phase, I don't think that suited him. I think he is more popular with this deadman image.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^Yeah but at least when he's in his badass gimmick, he says more stuff than just 'rest in peace' every week. Don't get me wrong, I do like the current Undertaker gimmick but c'mon, he's been doing the same story line with everybody since he came back as the deadman: RIVAL: 'I'm not intimidated by you undertaker' ,*Undertaker stares his enemy down*, UNDERTAKER: Mr. X, this sunday you will REST...IN...PEEEEEEEEEEACE! *cut to rival looking terrified*. Thats every angle for him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

And he's more popular now than since he's come back as the Deadman I think! So something's working for him

triple h made a thread before WM about how Taker says it best when he says nothing. I agree

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    And he's more popular now than since he's come back as the Deadman I think! So something's working for him

triple h made a thread before WM about how Taker says it best when he says nothing. I agree

well, except for that excellent promo he cut on Triple H during his Badass gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I liked the 'badass' gimmick because it was legitimate, its his personality. But like his name says, he is the undertaker, which sorta suggests he is dead. He is also at his best as the deadman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Fozzy wrote:
    You're right. Something is working for him. If I was to put a name on it I'd say it was his improved level of fitness. I think his willingness to put over Khali also helped. I just think there are some easy things he could do to be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think it is 'Taker's willingness to put people over that makes him so popular with Smarks and also, the way he always comes out on top at the end of the fued that makes him popular with Marks.

Advertisement