Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manga comp

Options
  • 09-04-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Kodansha, the largest publisher of manga in japan, is having a manga comp and its open to eveyone.

info over here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

deadly. You going to enter? I'm tempted, have a great 12 pager that would work

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Any idea what they're using as a definition for constituting a manga piece? Or, for that matter, a useful reference guide for how you could "define" something as being manga? (Yeah I have a fair idea of some of the visual styles that contribute, but I'm not convinced it's that simple...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

deadly. You going to enter? I'm tempted, have a great 12 pager that would work

not sure, I'm not a big manga fan [it involves my big feminist, cannibals, tentacles, and phallic shaped objects rant] but I'll prob doodle some thumbnails and see if I've got an idea thats do able in the time frame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone know if there's an age limit or summit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Saruwatari wrote:
    Anyone know if there's an age limit or summit?

Only info i have is whats on the website, if it doesn't say anything i'd assume no but try emailing them if you want to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

I assume it can be in any style and not just 'manga'. They call all comics manga so since we're europeans, doing it in faux japanese style may look lame

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Yeah, some people are better off not drawing manga style...
    Those "How To Draw Manga" crap books you see in Easons, that guy shouldn't have even bothered...

Advertisement