Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop problem

• 09-04-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering would anyone be able to help me...! i have a problem with my laptp when booting up...I get a black screen with white writing saying "we apologize for the inconvenience but we are unable to start windows" then it goes on to say that you can start it up in safe mode, or last configuration known or start windows normally...i have tried each one separately and i get as far as loading windows xp screen..but then it goes back to the black screen again...what could honestly be the problem....any help is much appreciated...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have you added any new hardware or installed new software lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

yes i added a external hard drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try plugging it out.

hi.. i plugged it out and reboot again but still same screen comes up...wud i need to go into system configuration for anything..thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

When it boots and brings up the menu try safe mode with networking support

If you don't get that option you must press F8 just before the menu appears in order to show the full range of options

• Advertisement

hello...yeah i get that option too but still same thing happens...also i dont have a windows disk could i use another one

Hello, am just wondering could i use any windows xp disk to repair my windows on my laptop...it came with no disk as the operating system was already loaded..just wondering could i use a disk from another pc...any help thanks

Yes you can if a friend is willing to loan you it though it must be of the same type e.g WinXP Home or WinXP Pro on your laptop.

thanks..if i do this will the files in my documents go and all other things on computer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dataloreb4

Can I ask were you trying to 'clone' the hard disk onto the new one?

• Advertisement

No it wont, the repair option will leave your personal data in place it will simply replace the system files of the operating system. Do read the the guide below as if you are not careful you can overwrite your data if you do not follow the instructions properly.

This here shows how to run the repair option.

Advertisement