Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coppers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

Blut wrote:
    A 6ft 2, 13 stone friend of mine scored a girl the same size as him last week in coppers. They dont breed them that size in Dublin!

lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ye have forgot about those dirty dublin nurses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yangzhao

What Does A Bit Of Dublin Institution Mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

yayamark wrote:
    ye have forgot about those dirty dublin nurses

Indeed!! ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

"Copper Face Jacks.... helping culchies & civil servants reproduce since 1995" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

does the fire officer turn up at night or during the day?

Sure it's a case of 'who you know' ;)
    "Dublin nightclub Copper Face Jacks continues to be a lucrative money-spinner for its owner, former garda Cathal Jackson"
    http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2005/12/18/story10531.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

yangzhao wrote:
    Its a bit of a Dublin institution

what does this supposed to mean?

Me fail english? That's unpossible!!

It means a regular place to go....has mass following and everybody has been there.

This, however, is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Eek just back from my first foray there and it is HORRIBLE! The HORROR of the place was unbearable...more fellas there than anything else, I thought, lots of male trolls. Never again if I can help it, it's like something you'd see on a tv show spoof of a really bad club:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mouse242

A messy messy messy place...

but in fairness, the fact that it gets such a crowd is only testament to the problem of a lack of good nightclubs in Dublin.

although really....thats still no excuse...!!

If you are planning on venturing into the deep dark depths of coppers...five words will sum up my sentiments..

Be afraid....Be very afraid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

it gets a good crowd because teachers gardai and nurses get in for free or at least they did last year

iv been there 4 times twice absolutely polluted and i thought it was ****...........once during the week stone cold sober with some galway band playing and the night was only decent as they played rage against the machince at the end of the night.........also i had 3 girls walk up to me and "hit on" me instead of the other way around which was an odd experience especially sober

the other time i was there was pretty **** aswell

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Horrible, horrible place. Overcrowded. Sweat dripping from the ceiling. Loud, sh1t music. Mile long queue for the bar. Mile long queue for the cloak room. Over-priced. Drunken neanderthals constantly trying to pick fights.

Went there once with a bird I was seeing, the place put me in a foul mood and eventually I lost the rag, and we finished up. I shan't be going there again!

Horrible, horrible place. Overcrowded. Sweat dripping from the ceiling. Loud, sh1t music. Mile long queue for the bar. Mile long queue for the cloak room. Over-priced. Drunken neanderthals constantly trying to pick fights.

Went there once with a bird I was seeing, the place put me in a foul mood and eventually I lost the rag, and we finished up. I shan't be going there again!

sounds like 98% of dublin clubs to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

Has the place only gone to **** in the last while. Went there last Sunday a little after 12 it was a ghost town. Any other time I was there there was a good F/M ratio. I was collecting number like they were going out of fashion too.

its been pretty bad for at least 2 years which was the first time i was there

dont get me wrong its still piss easy to pull but its just a dump with nothing else going for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

See also MacGowans of phibsoboro,Break for The Border,Boomerangs and Club M...Kips

add zanzibar to that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

PeakOutput wrote:
    add zanzibar to that

And Cafe En Sein and Knightsbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Its a great place if your absolutely locked, want to score a randomer, meet a guard or nurse, or dance to dodgy music. Anytime I've been there had a good night, but thats mainly because I was doing some of the above!

WARNING: Do not go there sober. It will disturb you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

WARNING: Do not go there sober. It will disturb you.

Agreed, last time I was there was stone cold sober, meeting the Mrs. who was working in the hotel at the time. Some little ****head trying it on with her, was blanked and then proceeded to grope her. First and last time I have ever hit anyone without being physically threatened. In short, a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

descry wrote:
    Only go under the following conditions:

(a) You are from beyond the Pale
    (b) A Garda
    (c) A woman mid 30s looking to score anything in sight
    (d) A male with low standards looking for (c)
    (e) intoxicated beyond intoxicated...

in other words DONT GO!!!

think you,ve more or less summed it up there mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was there once (againest my will). The place smelled like what I imagine the inside of an ass.

Advertisement