Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that really bug the sh*t out of me.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

That bleedin climatecontrol ad that comes on challenge tv and is the biggest load of noise ever. Bugs the sh!t out of me.

Coupled with the fear factor and millionaire garth brooks question also on challenge makes it the most hated station for ads!

Oh and "I'll put you all-in"..AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

People planning a massive wedding then expecting or even asking for cash gifts so that they can pay for the f'n thing. A little perspective people please. It's one day and you'll be lucky to bump into half the people there again within the next decade!

Brides letting it be known just how much their dress cost, which unsurprisingly works out at half a grand more than so-and-so spent on their dress for their wedding three months ago. Yes, you look lovely but you'd look just as lovely in a dress that cost half or a quarter of that or even less....

Signs in shops that have been spelled wrong, eg "brocli" which I saw in a shop yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

People who consider themselves vegetarians and yet have no problem eating fish or even chicken. I've even heard relatives describe themselves as "chicken vegetarians", the oxymorons.

Animals are animals, and if they want to be self-righteous they have to earn it first.

I think some people just want everyone to think that they are special and that they really care about animals, when obviously (by only eating "certain" animals) they really only care about themselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1. Noisy eating/drinking as discussed above.
    2. People who use 'loose' instead of 'lose'
    3. People who use 'here, here' instead of 'hear, hear'.
    4. Really slow drivers.
    5. Management speak.
    6. Don Wycherly on the myhome.ie ads
    7. The idiot at the end of the Jim Langan furniture ads on radio (.iEEE aggghhh!!!!)
    8. Monday mornings.
    9. Alarm clocks going off.
    10. Not having the power to halt time in order to catch up on sleep that I need when I went to bed too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

5starpool wrote:
    1. Noisy eating/drinking as discussed above.
    2. People who use 'loose' instead of 'lose'
    3. People who use 'here, here' instead of 'hear, hear'.

7. The idiot at the end of the Jim Langan furniture ads on radio (.iEEE aggghhh!!!!)
    8. Monday mornings.
    9. Alarm clocks going off.
    10. Not having the power to halt time in order to catch up on sleep that I need when I went to bed too late.

I think you can read my mind because these are some of the things that bug me to no end! And let me add one more thing to this list: stupid co-workers who drink the last cup of coffee and can't be arsed to go to the shop across the street and get another packet. Idiooooooooots! :mad: (As you can see, I'm very addicted to caffeine :D ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bikini

1)Over use of the word rude
    2)Mean people aka scrouges
    3)Fake laughs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

-Idiots wearing headphones in public places talking/singing really loudly - as if wearing headphones gives them a licence to do so. Or else they're actually stupid enough to think that because their voices don't sound that loud to themselves (due to being drowned out by the sound in their headphones), then neither are they that loud to everyone else. Dumb-asses.

-Yep, Don Wycherley's voice in the Myhome.ie ads is unbearable - there's a thread pretty much devoted to same on the radio forum. Although I think he's starting to address it - his speech isn't as slurred of late.

-That bloke who says "there's always a better job on Recruitireland.ie" at the end of the ad - grrr!

-And, of course - how could we forget? The wonderful human beings that are chuggers... *makes stabbing motion*

-Oh yeah, and those despicable TV licence ads, where people who haven't paid their licence are regarded in much the same way as paedophiles are. Whereas, in reality, people don't actually give a ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

people who bring prams around shopping centres. the kids scream, the parents scream and my god i want to scream at them!

the phrases "me fella" or "me bird"

#Elites wrote:
    this thread was read out on FM104 last night! he listed a few of the stuff posted:D

Seriously? Sh1t.. I knew I should've complained bout something earlier.

People who throw things on the ground despite of the fact that there is a bin only a few yards away.

People complaining about things that are fixable and yet do nothing to even try and fix them.

Pigeons that aim right for your head.

Anyone small who is holding an umbrella. I've almost had my eye taken out by a few of them bastards.

People who stop to talk in the middle of a laneway, aisle, or anywhere that requires you to walk by them. Just because you want to have a chat, doesn't mean I have to be late.

When people are late for buses and bang and bang and bang on the door even though they know they wont open it.

The flipside of that is bus drivers who wont open the door for people.

I think my biggest pet hate is people who say they are going to do something i.e. give up smoking hash, cigs, and yet days (or maybe even hours) after saying it, they're right back at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

People who write noone instead of no one.

Drives me batty...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Old people who seem to be in a constant state of bewilderment and shock >(, annoys the **** outta me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

people makign noises when they chew - its really the most annoying thing ever. heres a list i made earlier....

the word \\\"lege\\\", girls who describe themselves and their friends regardless of sex as \\\"lads\\\", marmite, nutella, the fact that fridges have lights and yet freezers dont, white people thinking they are black when clearly they are white, pretentiousness, people who dont understand poker and label it as some sort of gambling just because you are playing for money, people who write \\\"n\\\" for \\\"and\\\" and s for \\\"is\\\"- its just annoying, college exams, the fact that pubs in dublin which serve after hours are as difficult to find as something very small in a place very big and difficult to find small objects, bad grammer, people who think that just because you make an odd error when typing quickly that you cant type fats at all(this is an intentional error), stupid forwards about how bebo is shutting down and msn will cost a fortune if i dont forward this message, people who say i dont normally forward messages but this is important and you find out its just **** neway, gerbils, smoking, people taller than me, and also.... The fact that you can`t get decent bacon on america.
    Bad beats... and A la LEtterman on his top tens.. the number one thing that i find annoying is - Exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

People who hammer lift buttons and the buttons at pedestrian crossings at an insane rate, maybe 5 times a second.

Folks, the lift won't come any faster and the pedestrian green man will activiate once the cycle is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

golden gal wrote:
    people who bring prams around shopping centres. the kids scream, the parents scream and my god i want to scream at them!

the phrases "me fella" or "me bird"

I agree. This irritate me beyond belief. Especially when you are in a busy shop and the pram is trying to meander through the rails and you are trying to browse while some little brat is wailing. I Hate when the mother stands there glaring until you move and allow her pass only for another one to come along 2 seconds later. I know i'm very intolerant towards mothers and abbies, bit shopping is a stressful business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Probably said it before but mine is those guys that sell the Herald on the Blanch m50 roundabout (or anywhere else) where they attempt to get to as many cars as possible before the lights change tapping on the front of the paper until you give them some kind response that you don't want a paper. Or perhaps you're stopped in a queue and he's up there 20 cars in front of you and you feel like you're in one of those auctions where if you just twitch your eye its gonna get immediate attention and he'll come running down expecting you to buy a paper! .... ggrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

some good stuff on here, these are mine -

people who spend ages at counters/tils/tickets offices/bank machines etc and not give a F**k about the massive queue behind them.

people that speed on the roads - lets stick to the speed limits and we will all be ok.how many times have you been overtaken at speed by somebody only to be right behind them at traffic lights/roundabout a few minutes later?

people that go too slow on the roads are also just as bad, anybody that drives at 30 MPH on a main road,deserves to put off the road. these people never look in their mirrors and create traffic queues, which causes the need to overtaking = accidents. if you cant drive at the correct speed, then pull the f**k over!

people begging at cash machines but begging in general is not acceptable - get a job, like we all do.

pikies with tracksuits and peaky caps.

people who smoke

old fashioned work colleagues who are no fun and wont change anything because " that is not the procedure for that".

people who go out the night before and then call in "sick" to work the following morning.

as mentioned already, people who think they are from dawsons creek or the oc. Your f**kin irish, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

People who say the followng:
    "I seen" instead of "I saw"
    " I would have went " instead of "I would heve gone"
    " vOilence instead if vIolence
    and "height" does not have a TH at the end so the word is pronounced HITE. But for those who dont pronounce their "ths" at all this would,nt be noticed when they speak!
    And a real bug bear is when girls get so emotional that they cry, but when they cry thet seem more concerned that their eye make up will run so they do this "finger on the eyelash thing" that all the phoney celebrities do when they feign emotion. Saw a particular example of this on Irish TV once when an obviously undereducated fake blond in the slapper mode ,ie the requisite pink ,won a prize on one of those Derek Mooney shows- she was all wiping her eyelashes "delicately" as she has seen on tv and going "ohmygawd" non stop.
    Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

People who dig up old threads FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Two little annoyances...

People who queue in a shop for ages and either haven't made their mind up what they want or only realise when they get to the till that they actually have to pay for said goods and THEN have to get out their wallets and make sure they have the money for it.

People who don't seem to know what they're actually doing at an ATM. It's not that hard to have a wee think about how much you want to take out before you get to the machine itself, with that done its just a couple of buttons, its not the most complicated device ever invented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Just skimming over the thread...

"here, here" - where?

"alot" - What?

"I would of" - ughhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Echelle wrote:
    People who say the followng:
    "I seen" instead of "I saw"
    " I would have went " instead of "I would heve gone"
    " vOilence instead if vIolence
    and "height" does not have a TH at the end so the word is pronounced HITE. But for those who dont pronounce their "ths" at all this would,nt be noticed when they speak!
    And a real bug bear is when girls get so emotional that they cry, but when they cry thet seem more concerned that their eye make up will run so they do this "finger on the eyelash thing" that all the phoney celebrities do when they feign emotion. Saw a particular example of this on Irish TV once when an obviously undereducated fake blond in the slapper mode ,ie the requisite pink ,won a prize on one of those Derek Mooney shows- she was all wiping her eyelashes "delicately" as she has seen on tv and going "ohmygawd" non stop.
    Embarrassing.

People who can't spell...

Advertisement