Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop CS2 Books?

Options
  • 09-04-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Anybody have much success learning photoshop from a book?

I'm looking for a decent book that covers all the aspects of Photoshop CS2 from web design graphics to advanced photo editing.

I'm looking for something that digs a little deeper than the "For Dummies Books" yet not going to have me bored out of my brains.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Sorry I haven't actually got any actual book titles for you at the minute but I know there is a whole wall of these books at my local IT and I can get back to with some titles. I have learned 3d studio max from similar books to these and I found that they are very very detailed and comprehensive but you really do need one that has lots of pictures and exercises to keep you interested because with most of these books pushing 600 pages it can be a little daunting. But I must say though while I did read a lot of the 3dsmax book and got the very basics under me , I actually learned everything that was relevant to what I needed and everything useful from the vast wealth of tutorials available on th'internet. So as it turned out most of the time spent with the book was rendered obsolete but I was doing nothing serious. I would have to say if you want to know photoshop inside and the workings of each tool in great detail then you would have cover-to-cover a book but I would recommend to do a lot of the "fun" internet tutorials alongside to learn the real side to the programme to.
    Hope this can help you , and as I say I will get you the names of some of the books from the IT library.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

im my experience you'll never learn anything worth remembering from a book.
    i'd simply use a book as a resource if im unsure of how to do something.

if you pickup any of those photoshop magazines, and some digital photography magazines and 'computer arts' mags they'll give you a good foothold on the software and its day to day uses.

theres also free tutorials from their magazine here

although the first thing you should do is understand layers and what each tool on the toolbar does

happy photoshoppage

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Yeah I agree, you wont learn much from a book. You need to learn by doing, try lynda.com, its fantastic.

Advertisement