Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling the hog, and various questions

• 09-04-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Well folks as many of you know im selling my baby, i'll be honest, the thoughs of doing this has been on my mind for a long time as many of you can see it's been sitting on adverts for a while.

any who, also had it on donedeal.ie, and renewed it to day.

To my surprise, i recieved a txt this evening from a dude looking to buy :eek:

New biker from the north side.

So any way i've arranged to meet him in town tomorrow after noon.

any suggestions as to where i should meet him, al la a bit of free space, and not crazy loud.

also what should i be lookin for ? im asking 4000 for her, i assume sum sort of bank order thingy for payment ?.

what do i need to give him ? i think i'll need to do a change of owner ship thingy also.

basically any advice welcomed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Hog as in Harley? sounds very cheap unless its a Sportster.
    You get him to sign the log book/ registration papers and you forward it yourself to the DOE. If not you could end up with parking & speeding tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Bradidup wrote:
    Hog as in Harley??? sounds cheap unless its a Sportster.
    You get him to sign the log book/ registration papers and you foreward it on to the DOE, if not and he gets it you could ed up with parking & speeding tickets.

LOL :D

Hog as in Dragstar 250 !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

lol, ehh yea Dragstar 250, it's still a hog tho :p

we'll see what happens, it all depends on what he's will to pay, tbh he's gettn a fupping bargin.

so where shoud i meet him?im thinking the park might be good, be nice for a wee spin out there seen as i have a week of holidays to do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i would ask for cash rather than a bank draft (if they can get one then they can get the other) its more security for you

hmmmz a fair enough point, but do i want to walk about with 4G in cash in my pocket. where as a bankers draft is nice n small ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

forget bank drafts, not worth the paper........... bank transfer directly to your bank, or, meet him at the bank, and let him lodge the cash to your a/c with you in person.

Too many forged 50's etc about to risk otherwise.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

i think the idea of lodgin the cash in to my account would be a good idea, go to the bank with him like.

i bett go have a look for my log book and registration papers now just in case :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Things to look out for:

If the person is alone, do not let them take the bike out for a test drive.
    Do not meet them somewhere quiet and out of the way.
    If they do not show, look out for a car or van following you home. If you notice something, drive towards the closest Garda station you can think of.
    In terms of payment, I'd go with the person putting the funds into your account while you are in person. This means going to a bank with them.
    Do not hand over ownership documents till this is done. Infact dont bring them with you on the first meeting. Tell them if they are happy with the bike, you can give them to them once all funds are cleared. Bring a photo copy if needed.
    If you have a mate who can be there with you. All the better. Pref on an other bike that could catch yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Any update on this ? Did you sell "The Hog" ??

the hog is still in the drive way , im meeting to morrow in da park @ 1. big open area, i have the snipers set up alos just in case it goes pete tong

• Advertisement

Well folks, hands were shaken, Deposits were exchanged and a date was set for the end of the month.

The Final ride, per say, up to portmarnock where i shall be handing over my precious keys, and saying a fond farewell to my little noisy angel.

You may all console me now :(

Only temporarily of course

for this is my new weapon of choice :)

linkah

She is teh sexi iiiiii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Laserface

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    this is my new weapon of choice:)
    linkah
    She is teh sexi iiiiii
    Should have kept the hog :eek:

Laserface wrote:
    Should have kept the hog :eek:

lol, ahh i know i know, but i feel a change is needed, andi've always liked those SV's there just to damn sweet looking. some day i will return to the land of cruisers' perhaps in the form of a 1600 cc Royal star in the states.

someone wants to be me.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Nice SV Dr4gul4.

Needs a tail tidy, and maybe a blue can to finish it off.

Stonkin great motor.

shame it's not a black pointy

L.

madrab wrote:
    someone wants to be me.... :)

You mean he wants to wear areseless and crochless leather chaps and a pink watch too?

:eek:

nereid wrote:
    Nice SV Dr4gul4.

Needs a tail tidy, and maybe a blue can to finish it off.

Stonkin great motor.

L.

i think blue is a great colour :p and for the price i'll hopefully get it i'll be laffing.

and yes im gonna actually for a blue flame to it, tbh if i can get the setup easily, i'll be fitting 2 cans ;)
    sutty wrote:
    You mean he wants to wear areseless and crochless leather chaps and a pink watch too?

:eek:

omfg i actually Lol'd there,

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    i think blue is a great colour :p and for the price i'll hopefully get it i'll be laffing.

I suppose you will get a discount for Blue all right :D
    Dr4gul4 wrote:
    and yes im gonna actually for a blue flame to it, tbh if i can get the setup easily, i'll be fitting 2 cans ;)

Be careful with the Blue Flame exhausts. The SV's reportedly shake them apart. I was more hinting at any can with a blue colour (or blue fade colour).

And seeing as you mention the 2 cans, there are not many that do 2-2 systems. They are quite expensive, and you actually lose HP rather than gain HP. But you get the look, and the noise, and to be quite honest, that is what counts.

If you go for a black pointy, you could have this:
    DPTN_SUZ_SV650_RSB.jpg

for €680

L.

Two things that come to mind, thats a K7 model ? or a K6 model, and i'd rather the pipes down low than just under the seat, i'll prob buy to renegade cans for her, and the link pipe, and then it's a spot of welding and we'll be ready to roll. unless i can pick up the entire kit second hand. which is also possible.

i will say the black is nice, and i do love the break lights on the K3 + models, but for now my K1 will do the job

thats nice

• Advertisement

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Two things that come to mind, thats a K7 model ? or a K6 model,b

It's a 'pointy' (i.e. K3+) - what you are looking at is a 'curvy' (i.e. y-k2). They are easily distinguishable by the style of the rear light cluster. Oh, and the general shape of the entire bike too I suppose :D

Renegades are beauties, and the company itself has moved to portugal and I'm not sure how well they are doing.

There is a single renegade on the wall in BikeWorld. Beautiful can, and they are loud.

There are plenty of full 2 - 1 systems out there too, but not that many 2-2 systems.

forums.sv650.org is a wealth of info if you are researching any bits n bobs for the SV range.

L.

Dr4gul4 wrote:

omfg i actually Lol'd there,

Than your gonna wet yourself at the sight of this...

Ps.... Its not Al as in Ktric, Its Ciarán as in Madrab ;)

Dave? I have the same name as you..Ciaran :)

edit: god im sex-ay

madrab wrote:
    Dave? I have the same name as you..Ciaran :)

edit: god im sex-ay

why good sir, I know not what you speak of, if you regress to the post you shall see I called you Ciarán.....

;)

Christ you to are spanners, and Madrab, no amount of name calling will ever make us forget the pink watch

just a quick follow up.

I'm flying over on sunday to pick up my new baby

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

Goin to be gettn the slow boat back from Liverpool, assuming i dont get raped for my irish accent by sum girls on a hen night ( Please god i will nvr ask for any thing again, but that would be savage)

I'm just wondering what i need to give the guy who's buying my wheels ?

You need to give him any of the original parts that you may still have, The owners manual. A signed copy of the Registration Logbook. Sign it in front of him and make sure he fills it out too. Least then he will hopefully send it off. Tax disk if its not on the bike. Any spear keys you might have. Thats it really.

correction: you DON'T send off the V5 or sign it - you HAVE to bring it back with you, with the bike. You can't register it here, without it. And the DVLC don't reg foreign addresses..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Nice example there. Someone certainly spent some money on it. You just need to change the exhaust, get braided hoses and possibly upgrade the front fork oil/springs and you'll have one hell of a bike.

• Advertisement

She comes with Hel Braided Brake Lines front and rear

Not sure about changing the front forks, but i'll take a look into it

and yes i have plans to install a twin system on her, €€€ depending of course.

Edit - heres the list of extra's

R&G Crash Bungs
    Hel Braided Brake Lines front and rear
    Restrictor Washers and certificate - Lolz

Black Screen
    Spare exhaust (not aftermarket) arse !!
    Rear Hugger
    R6 throttle tube
    Clear tail light
    Rentec Luggage Rack - Dont know what to do with this yet, might bring it might not
    Haynes Manual

You won't have to replace the forks. Change to a heavier weight of fork oil and get some aftermarket springs if the front still feels soft. Around €150 should change the handling from washy to excellent. The crash mushrooms are good to have too. The rads tend to get damaged without them. They;re a good bike. I won't be changing mine anytime soon although a TL does look nice....

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Not sure about changing the front forks, but i'll take a look into it

Gixxer SRAD front end.

Straight swap.

Toying with this idea for mine, but it will either be a full k5/6 front end, or a matris kit.
    I don't think they make those kits for the curvy.

aye i've seen sum stuff on the sv650 forum about the Front end swop alright. could be a little costly though :(

Might look at the after market spring and heavier oil

We'll see, i think the main parts that i'll be changing will be the indicators ( they look nasty) and the cans, also a back seat cowl would be nice on her.

any other idea's ?

Scottoiler will help with the chain as the SV can murder them quickly. The only other thing I'd do is get the best tyres possible for the bike. Afterwards it's more a matter of improving your riding to catch up with the bike. I still haven't managed to get close to the performance limits of my one.

Good man pigey that was the other thing i forgot.

• Advertisement

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Might look at the after market spring and heavier oil

You know that heavier springs and heavier oil just cancel each other out?

It is the dampening that is pants on the SV not the springs or the oil.

Well, actually, without getting too personal, it depends on your weight.

Getting custom springs for your weight, and custom or "correct" weight oil will make a slight difference in the action of the suspension, but like I said, it is the dampening that stabalises the front end, which the SV doesn't do very well at different speeds.

L.

ehhh panic

what my Registration Logbook ment to look like ?

I have my Service log book, and the manual, but i have no idea what this other 1 looks like ?

Who would have given it to me ?

Well Mr Drag just popped out to UCD for a bit of a chat and to show off his new pride and joy. Gota say, she's a fine machine. Really nice noise while pulling away too. Enjoy and ride safe man ;)

sutty wrote:
    Well Mr Drag just popped out to UCD for a bit of a chat and to show off his new pride and joy. Gota say, she's a fine machine. Really nice noise while pulling away too. Enjoy and ride safe man ;)

Drink !!!

i mean .. yea but she needs new end cans to ebay !!

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    ehhh panic
    If you definately didn't get it, this may take a while.............
    what my Registration Logbook ment to look like ?
    see cover page of this document http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/ins160.pdf
    Who would have given it to me ?
    The owner.

On page 18, section 5b of the above link, it lays out clearly what you do if a non-UK address holder buys a UK vehicle. You fill in one bit of it, give it to seller, BUT YOU GET THE V5C to take away.........you need it here to re-reg it.

OK - you need to find out where that V5C is. If the seller hasn't posted it to the DVLA yet, get him to post it to you. If he has sent it to the DVLA, ask him if he can contact the DVLA in Swansea and get them to send a copy to you, for customs. If he can't/won't, you'll have to try the DVLA yourself..........

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement

ahh noooo galwaytt you have my post backwards.

Allis well with the SV, i have her registered here in ireland now. and im about to tax her.

the problem was with my old bike, the garage put the wrong address down when they registered it for me, therefor i nvr got my owners reg book.

Any way 1 trip later to the guards, and a form to fill out and €12 lighter in my pocket i'll have my replacment papers, so i'll get them signed and hand them over.

ps omfg !! the SV is savage

So 9 days on, feck it doesnt feel like 9 days really.

I'm still totaly in love with the bike, the Condition it's in, the looks people give ya, the power, omfg talk about being power drunk. forget about it people, savage power and crazy acceleration .

Over all i find a few bits weird / annoying, the throttle is quite stiff, she dosent rev very easily i find, even blipping the engine to gear down is tough. this could be in part down to the R6 throttle thats on her.

It really sounds ****e when you rev then thing, or when you have her idling. it's this odd clanky noise.
    I'm hoping to replace this noise over the weekend as i just bough me one of these, well i bough it on friday of last week.

DSCF1109.jpg

So all gong well this should change the sound of her a nice bit.

I find it a whore to change gears unless you are at the exact RPM, well maybe not the exact rpm, but still.

Other wise it's still a great bike, and it's such a pleasure to be able to take it places i could nvr take the hog.

The V won't spin up as quickly as a four but you may also be in the wrong gear. Anything below 4500 rpm will take a while to spin up. Does the clanking go up with the revs? Is it ticking or clanking? Ticking is the valves needing to be checked. If you want you could check mine out to see if there's a difference in them. Could lead to some idea about the noise.

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    S i just bough me one of these, well i bough it on friday of last week.

Nice Can.

The Blue matches your Blue all right.

You could have got a Black Carbon one if you had a proper colour bike though :p

Take her to mondello.

I was there last week and revved the beast all the way to 10000 rpm.

She moves nicely from 7k-9k rpm. Just be aware when down shifting, let the revs drop to 4.5k before dropping the gear. You can quite easily lock the back wheel with the twin.

Fun, but not when you are not expecting it coming up to the chicane at 100kmph.:o

Didn't drop it anyway...

lol
    droppin her is the last thing on my mind ;)

we should have a meet up all us SV owners :p

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    we should have a meet up all us SV owners :p

Definitely

Brum brum.

Well im well settled into her now, she needs a service that i'll be doing my self all going well, need to go get a haynes manual picked up a few more bits to day for her.

Got my hands on the Tank cover, the seat cowl and the tail tidy from this K2

12112006156.jpg?t=1179242531

So i'll get sum snaps once she's all fitted out, and i've cleaner her.

Also need to think about new tired and maybe new bar ends, + left hand grip.

just small stuff now like replacing the gear selector assembly and the rear brake peg / lever / thingy

Mine are a little rusted.

gallery_871_189_33363.jpg

Though fockers ? the wheels are not diff colours that muck on the back, and the fuppin sticker was on the seat cowl when i got it, dont want to remove it, as it will leave me with a ****tly looking sticky patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Love the new Bike Dr4gul4, you have done some nice work there. Did you do it all yourself??? I.e. changing the exhaust and the seat cowel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

the sticky patch should be easily remedied - have a google for 'tankpad removal' for some idea

looks great, whole rake of stuff done to it alright ;) see about 10 changes just lookin at it (probably mentioned, not read the thread fully... :o )

• Advertisement
Advertisement