Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gave car the pre sale clean, came out well!

Options
  • 09-04-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Just tidied up the car in preparation of its for sale pics, porter cable, menzerna polish and nattys blue wax, came out pretty good!

DSC00761.JPG

DSC00768.JPG

DSC00785.JPG

Tidied the inside up too :)

DSC00771.JPG

Car is in adverts and carzone hot off the press :) ive had 11,000 happy miles in it! So how are my cleaning skills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

looks spotless, what have you decided to go for once sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

maybe another e46, 325/330 or an e39 sport or a mazda rx8 loads of things i want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Looks great!! I really should get the finger out and get the transformer for my porter cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Best of luck with the sale, and although it's standard equipment on the 323ci, you should also mention rear electrics, optional sport seats and standard electrically adjustable seats too. Is the phone bracket drilled into the dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I have to hand it to you, you know how to sell a car. I'm always amazed at people trying to get somebody to part with many thousands of € by advertising a car with dull paint and mucky mats. Even seen one or two with paper coffee cups in the holders.

Off topic, are they reflections or a few little dings along the side? I ask because mine seems to be a magnet for car doors in car parks, no matter how carefully I choose my parking spot, and I'm wondering does the design/height of the car make it succeptible. Certainly the rubbing strips are as much use as t1ts on a nun!

• Advertisement

nothing was std on them ned :) sports seats (esp leather ones) werent, nor was elec seats.

the amt of them in carzone with cloth seats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

IIRC, they were standard, perhaps not the Sport Seats. I'll check it out when I'm back in work tomorrow.

ned78 wrote:
    IIRC, they were standard, perhaps not the Sport Seats. I'll check it out when I'm back in work tomorrow.

Sports seats, leather, and electrically adjustable seats were definitely not standard on the 323ci!

Its a nice spec car.

leather non sport:

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=600311

cloth non sport

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=607166

im sure i could find sport cloth somewhere :)

i dunno what the std was? im assuming the above?

also the non sport leather isnt leather (according to some us forums) its leatherette, certainly looks and feels lower grade

Cyrus wrote:
    also the non sport leather isnt leather (according to some us forums) its leatherette, certainly looks and feels lower grade

The US got leatherette - wasn't ever available over here, was either montana or nappa, it should be the same quality as the sports.

The UK cars did get quite a bit of standard equipment that was optional over here - its only lately that our base specs have the same equipment. I think the electric seats were standard over there - probably left out here to keep the cost down, hence the amount of poverty spec models over here.

• Advertisement

kdevitt wrote:
    The US got leatherette - wasn't ever available over here, was either montana or nappa, it should be the same quality as the sports.

The UK cars did get quite a bit of standard equipment that was optional over here - its only lately that our base specs have the same equipment. I think the electric seats were standard over there - probably left out here to keep the cost down, hence the amount of poverty spec models over here.

ah okay, i always thought non sport leather didnt look as good, must have been in my head after seeing that post on e46 fanatics!

Cyrus wrote:
    ah okay, i always thought non sport leather didnt look as good, must have been in my head after seeing that post on e46 fanatics!

Can be quite misleading reading the US sites - really led me astray on my ICE install on my old 328ci!!

LOL :)

how goes the m3 ken? id love one, just not high up enough on salary ladder yet, maybe next yr!

is it a worthy upgrade to that lovely 328?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very impressive, particularly the first pic. Good luck with the sale!

From a practical point of view, how are you going to handle it? Say you sell the 323ci but haven't bought another car yet. Are you just going to buy the first e39 or rx-8 that you come across and fancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Hey, good job. must have taken all day. Looks well. Should sell fast.
    Good luck.

Cyrus wrote:
    LOL :)

how goes the m3 ken? id love one, just not high up enough on salary ladder yet, maybe next yr!

is it a worthy upgrade to that lovely 328?

Yeah the M3 is fine! Not using it much - the 328ci was a lot more relaxing to drive, the M3 just refuses to go slowly and it sounds a lot more agricultural than the 328. Has the exact spec I want though, so can't complain!

Am thinking of buying another car though to play around with though since I sold my E30 325i :rolleyes:

unkel wrote:
    Very impressive, particularly the first pic. Good luck with the sale!

From a practical point of view, how are you going to handle it? Say you sell the 323ci but haven't bought another car yet. Are you just going to buy the first e39 or rx-8 that you come across and fancy?

i can get about without a car for 2-4 weeks easy enough :) but i'll be doing some serious research from now on and have my targets identified :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote:
    i can get about without a car for 2-4 weeks easy enough :)

By using public transport? :eek:

i normally get the bus to work :) so car is for weekends (unless im stationed out of office but i wont be for next while)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Great job mate, it looks like new :). Good luck with selling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

shucks thanks guys :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I notice you've got MV2's
    Can I ask where and what you paid for them ?
    pm me if you like.

Thanks
    Rob

Advertisement