Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tyre baldness rear driver side... cause?

Options
  • 09-04-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

my rear driver side tyre is going bald on the inside, has anyone any idea what can cause this type of baldness? why that particular part of the tyre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 deadsoul

You need to get the wheels tracked any of the tyre centers can track wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigkev49-2

Yup sounds like tracking to me. €40 should fix it. Possibly allow for a new tyre if its badly worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On most cars the rear track is not adjustable. Have your car checked for worn bushes, joints, shocks, etc.

What is the make/model?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

its a 1l opel corsa 01' i was thinking it might be suspension, i had the front driver side joint replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Check your tyre pressures too; an underinflated tyre will wear the outer edges of the tyre, whilst an overinflated tyre will wear more in the centre.

That said, you'd have both edges of the tyre wearing, not just the inside, so tracking is more than likely the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

sorry, wasnt clear, its only the inside of tyre that is wearing

Advertisement