Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crying over spilt milk!

Options
  • 10-04-2007 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Bad scene! packing the car for the weekend trip and at the last min put 2 litre container of milk in the passenger footwell, guess what? yeh you got it! it must have fallen over 2 mins after I drove off! the lot is now in the carpet and yes I know the outlook is not good! and help would be appreciated! went on line and amongst other suggestions pouring vinegar or bread soda on it was suggested, my missus suggested really soaking the carpet to dillute it, did all of these and awaiting the outcome but any further advice apart from selling the car would really be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

in two weeks time put rotten fish under the seat to cover smell !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Apparently vodka and any fruit you care to think of make a good odour masker and clean well too....smell will be rotten otherwise:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Time is a good cure or just keep your dog in the car for a few weeks. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DavidKay

ninty9er wrote:
    Apparently vodka and any fruit you care to think of make a good odour masker and clean well too....smell will be rotten otherwise:eek: :eek: :eek:
    The vodka idea sounds good but try explaining that smell to our friendly Garda if Im pulled over!

Thanks, really hope you are right, fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Man, now I have to buy a dog as well, how bad can this get!!

Many thanks for your help guys, it looks like I`ve done all that can be done, the warm weather forecast for the next few days will tell all! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

The vodka trick really does work so do give it a spin but you could try detol alongside vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Get a valet job done on the car.
    Might as well get the whole car clean again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Use a steam cleaner .... Their the JOB for everything from Spilt milk to mould and whatever othercrap was in the boot. I had a bottle of AutoGlym explode in the boot ( god knows how) but the steam cleaner does seem to the be the best .. just make sure you have nice weather to let the car dry out ! and Wipe up any excess moisture !!

I used to use it on my Bike glove's to get rid of the nasty pong that inevitable occured with age!

• Advertisement
Advertisement