Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

v630i Questions - Little flashing light? Can you turn off G3 support?

• 10-04-2007 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, first post here it seems! Forgive me for any ridiculously stupid questions, but I'm compelled to ask.

Maybe this is a really odd question, but I don't know, there's a little green flashing light on the top of my v630i, and I don't know what it's indicating, or what it's for, or if you can turn it off? It kinda bothered me last night when I was going to sleep. There's nothing in the manual that seems to indicate what it's for.

My sister said to me that I should turn off the G3 if I'm not going to use it, as it eats the battery. Might be poppycock, but I'm really new to this kind of phone, my last one was an extremely ancient Nokai, so forgive the possible stupid question. Again, doesn't seem to be anything in the manual about this, and I haven't been able to find any option to turn it off. Does it waste battery life at all?

Ok, thanks for any help, and possibly ridicule.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Ok, first post here it seems! Forgive me for any ridiculously stupid questions, but I'm compelled to ask.

Maybe this is a really odd question, but I don't know, there's a little green flashing light on the top of my v630i, and I don't know what it's indicating, or what it's for, or if you can turn it off? It kinda bothered me last night when I was going to sleep. There's nothing in the manual that seems to indicate what it's for.

The green light is an annoying feature on most modern 3G phones. I don't really know why it's needed. A regular, steady flash means your phone is connected to the network.

A more rapid flashing indicates you have a message, missed call etc.

A red flashing light indicates low battery.

A bit pointless if you ask me!
    My sister said to me that I should turn off the G3 if I'm not going to use it, as it eats the battery. Might be poppycock, but I'm really new to this kind of phone, my last one was an extremely ancient Nokai, so forgive the possible stupid question. Again, doesn't seem to be anything in the manual about this, and I haven't been able to find any option to turn it off. Does it waste battery life at all?

Turning off 3G coverage will actually boost signal strength as 3G coverage is pretty much non existent outside major urban areas. SWitching it off should also reduce battery drain as your phone won't spend so much time searching for a signal .

You can turn it off by going to settings>connectivity>mobile networks>GSM/3G>GSM only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, thanks very much. ;)

Advertisement