Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Lads do well

• 10-04-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

I think yesterday's results in Dublin at the Irish poker should be made public two local lads Nicky Power and Brian o Keefe (The Fox) did the business coming 6th and 5th in a top quantity field well done lads ye done us proud...:) :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I could cry I'm so happy......

In other news a person I know did really well at a LAN party some time ago and I think this should be made public too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Really Cabaal? That's great, but did that person you know get over €100,000 for their performance?

Congratulations to the lads, it just goes to show the calibre of poker players in Waterford and the Blazin' Aces club in particular if the only two players who won tickets to the Open in the Waterford qualifiers reached the final table of the actual event!

While Nicky can't be that disappointed in going out in a card race (although the call by De Wolfe with A-4 was strange), Brian was extremely unlucky and as a viewer, I nearly felt sick seeing the flush come up on the board having been the 99% chance favourite after the flop! I can't imagine how he felt after it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

First off...what the hell is a LAN party.

I remember talking to Brian one day asking him if he wanted to come up to Blazin Aces for a game of cards with me and my mates. He had never played before but as a gambler couldn't say no. The rest is history.

I'm sure he won't forget that it was me who introduced him to the game.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is Blazin Aces still an active club? I've been wanting to go up for ages but didn't know it was still open. How many people would be there for the tournaments on average?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

think its still open, havent played there but ive played the shamrock club and fatneckpoker in tramore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Boards Link to the event

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055059449

BOYLEPOKER WATERFORD OPEN FESTIVAL

PRIZEPOOL €250,000

EUROPEAN RANKING EVENT

WOODLANDS HOTEL, WATERFORD
    THURS MAY 17TH - SUN MAY 20TH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN