Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX out of sync

• 10-04-2007 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hey All
    Have a DVD backed up to DivX format using Auto GK but for some reason the audio is out of sync by about 1 sec. This has never happened before with any of the stuff I've backed up.
    I was told VirtualDub may be able to fix it but I just downloaded VirtualDub and it's kinda confusing.
    Anybody either got a simpler software solution or instructions on how to actuallydo it in VirtualDub?

Cheers All

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Just play it in VLC and put and Offset on the audio (in preferences) of 100 milliseconds..... not a great fix, but it'll work for you viewing it.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A movie file can become out of sync (in standalone divx dvd players or media players) if you have a packed bitstream.

MPEG4modifier will tell you if its packed or not (and give you the option of removing it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Tried MPEG4modifier but the problem remains.
    Thing is it will play on my laptop in Windows Media Player perfectly. In DivX player the audio is ahead again
    Could it have anything to do with the burning software I used (Nero 5 and DivX player)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Ok it seems that the problem is more confusiing than I thought. When I open the file within an editing programme (VitualDub, DivfiX) etc, the audio is fine. I play it back outside that in a Media Player and the audio is out of sync.
    Losing the will to live here!!!!!!!!

Advertisement