Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter nights - what was your fave rpg character?

Options
  • 10-04-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I bought the original NWN pack with the original expansion packs. I'm playing a rogue this time as I like to sneak, pick locks and pockets and snipe my way out of trouble. :D If all else fails, I fight.

What was your favourite rpg character?

My 2nd favourite would be probably a Paladin, then a Cleric, then a Mage and finally a fighter.

Anyone ever become a Bard? That would be interesting....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I always chose a Ranger. Stealthy, fights from afar and up close, can dual wield, cast magic and spot traps. Quite a good all rounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I played a Monk, based on what i knew about them from D&D. yeah they start off slow and weaker than clerics, fighters or barbarians, but once they get going they can end entire armies just by looking at them.
    Plus exotic weapons proficiency is always nice.

Bards aren't too bad to play as, they are jack of all trades characters. They can fight, heal, buff, sneak and steal, just not as well as the dedicated classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Just noticed after a windows reinstall - I could still run the game from where I had it installed on another drive. Handy that. Zip it up and bring it up for another working week. :D

Yeah, I use the rogue as I like setting traps and spotting them well in advance - weak for fighting but I like the bow and arrow and then run behind my henchmen. God - this game is a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

rogue/cleric combo :)

Thaedydal wrote:
    rogue/celeric combo :)

Hi Thaedydal, I only noticed that I could read magic scrolls as a rogue. :o But it's a nice feature to help round out the rouge. I guess that comes under "use magic devices"?

Do you have any fighting tips as a rogue from your experience? I just advanced level 2 and got shields prof. to help in any necessary up close fighting. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'm a pure trap rogue. I craft them, set them, kill them.

Most of my traps are recovered though... :P

Dual weild as fast as possible, get a good bow and ammo and make the most out of your meat shield party members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

my favourite was a fighter correct me if I am wrong but don't you get to pick another class once you to get to a certain level?(haven't played it in ages)

You can multiclass at any stage justclick on the class you want to add when you level up.

Another thing I like to do is keep track of my character's progress... ie, look at the stat changes from level 1 to 2 and so on. It's a nice way to appreciate the time spent on rpg character development (sic). It's also gives a nice sense of progress and appreciate to where the character has got to.

Any of you folk do this? Basically I just keep track of it on paper as:

Name: John Stern
    Class: Rogue
    Level 1, 2, 3
    HP 8, 16, 24
    AC: 15, 16, 20

And so on.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Thaedydal wrote:
    You can multiclass at any stage justclick on the class you want to add when you level up.

Does NWN include the multiclassing rules for paladins, as in if you are a paladin and try to multiclass you stop gaining levels as a paladin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does NWN include the multiclassing rules for paladins, as in if you are a paladin and try to multiclass you stop gaining levels as a paladin?
    I'm not positive, but I think you do stop levelling as a paladin.

In RPG's if I can, I always try to multiclass with one of those clases being a thief, mainly because I hate having to select someone else to go over and unlock chests and the like, (I'm just lazy, I guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Epic level rangers are f*cking death incarnate. At that stage almost everything is a favoured enemy and has a chance of being killed with one blow. :)

Dwarves make fine monks and fighters. The fighters never need a Dex above 12, heavy armour ftw.

Advertisement