Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop screen saver durring palyback in mediaplayer 11

• 10-04-2007 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

This has been driving me nuts, ive got my laptop connected to tv with vga.
    using media player 11 in vista. I have disabled the option in media player to allow screen saver durring playback but it still kicks in after 10 minutes.

i know i can just disable it all together in the power settings.

i have tried other players including media center and they dont have the same issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Does it happen in single display mode ?

Could it be a multi display bug maybe graphics driver related ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hmmmmmmmm thats a good point 8T8, i should have thought to test that one and i did notice in the problem reports thingy "A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly."

So a driver issue could be a definate possiblity alright. it one of the onboard intel graphics decives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Are you using the stock display drivers for the latest ones from Intel's website ?

What make laptop is it or the device manager should tell you the type if Intel graphics controller ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

turn the screen saver off altogether in windows
    (right click desktop > screensaver, from the dropdown menu select none)

And check the display power settings to ensure its not turning off after so many minutes

Advertisement