Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB are giving me slow speeds!

Options
  • 10-04-2007 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

IBB are givin me such slow speeds im only getting 30kB/s download speed on utorrent! If the utorrent thing is not bad enough im getting very slow speeds wen i use my IE too. I rang them nd all nd they said im uploading so much at the moment that my download speed is slow. I've checked all programs that could possibly be uploading but their not so now I dunno wat 2 do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Back in Januaray everyone was getting ****e bt speeds,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044793&referrerid=&highlight=ibb+throttling
    Then it was okay for a while, Now everyone is getting bad speeds again..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055075557

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

IBB are givin me such slow speeds im only getting 30kB/s download speed on utorrent! If the utorrent thing is not bad enough im getting very slow speeds wen i use my IE too. I rang them nd all nd they said im uploading so much at the moment that my download speed is slow. I've checked all programs that could possibly be uploading but their not so now I dunno wat 2 do

IBB is one of the worst broadband companys around. The speeds are terribley slow, there have been a lot of negative posts about them in the past. I am with Eircom at the moment, have had no problems at all, and am very happy. Maybe you should consider them if it is an option for you. There are other cheaper broadband providers that are just as good as eircom.

IBB is one of the worst broadband companys around. The speeds are terribley slow, there have been a lot of negative posts about them in the past. I am with Eircom at the moment, have had no problems at all, and am very happy. Maybe you should consider them if it is an option for you. There are other cheaper broadband providers that are just as good as eircom.

No, Just No. IBB are no longer a bad broadband provider,do you see any complaints about the breeze service other than those relating to p2p??
    Yes the ripwave service is not up to scratch but people are no longer having any trouble with breeze, I would honestly choose ibb over eircom anyday.Dont post comments like that if you arent up to date on the facts tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ab_cork wrote:
    No, Just No. IBB are no longer a bad broadband provider,do you see any complaints about the breeze service other than those relating to p2p??
    Yes the ripwave service is not up to scratch but people are no longer having any trouble with breeze, I would honestly choose ibb over eircom anyday.Dont post comments like that if you arent up to date on the facts tbh

Sorry my apologies. I just heard off a friend living in Dublin that he got them and they were crap. Maybe that was just a one off. I haven't been readin much on them lately, just still presumed they were crap. Sorry for any misunderstandin op.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

They are down the toilet again:

I was getting higher speeds this afternoon it seems but half an hour after i came in it's back to being a snail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

IBB 2MB breeze user in wicklow.

IMHO Its pretty good.
    from testing the speed on www.irishisptest.ie I'm getting 1.7-1.99MB upload & download all the time.

normal file download speeds are never below 250KB p/s
    Granted Torrent speeds are as the original poster stated but when I was with clearwire in dublin torrents wouldnt work at all.

... so there :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They could be using a sniffer to slow down torrent traffic at peak times.
    I know torrents are great, and there's nothing like free copyrighted material. But when a network engineer sees a huge amount of torrent or P2p traffic going through their network, they view it as a dirty nasty cancerous sore supported by evil faceless minions of evil, slowing up everything for everyone by finding every way of maximising speed and stealing bandwidth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Red Alert wrote:
    I was getting higher speeds this afternoon it seems but half an hour after i came in it's back to being a snail.

Frankly I cannot agree if all these problems are with Bittorrent clients . P2P hammers the crap out of networks, more particularly so with the high uplinks that IBB give their customers.

P2P will kill their network and eventually their business if left unchecked.

IBB have improved greatly over the oversold crapheap with no customer service and crap billing that was their network in late 2005 and early 2006.

I commend them again for having done so .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Frankly I cannot agree if all these problems are with Bittorrent clients . P2P hammers the crap out of networks, more particularly so with the high uplinks that IBB give their customers.
    It's also one of the main drivers for BB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's also one of the main drivers for BB.
    No.
    It's *A* driver for broadband. Lots of people amazingly are not even interested in torrents. lots of people prefer to download physical DVDs and CDs. Some people only rent video (Xtra vision or Sky Box office kind).

My speeds are back up today, getting 230kbps right now on a torrent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Mine seem to be too :D 320kb/s solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was using ripwave from IBB for the last five months ,after two months the modem died . They couriered out a new modem within a couple of days.

The service was slow,but didn't bother me as long as it was always slow and working.
    I would recommend IBB ,they have a fast effecient response team and dealt with my problems properly.
    I don't know how the make money from ripwave to be honest:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

_Brian_ wrote:
    I was using ripwave from IBB for the last five months ,after two months the modem died . They couriered out a new modem within a couple of days.

The service was slow,but didn't bother me as long as it was always slow and working.
    I would recommend IBB ,they have a fast effecient response team and dealt with my problems properly.
    I don't know how the make money from ripwave to be honest:confused:
    Prob because ur paying for it :P and alot of other people are too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well i've just ordered 2mb breeze and talk from them. couldn't face paying eircon to install a phone line in my new place.

fingers crossed.

Advertisement