Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball - Pickup games

Options
  • 10-04-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Just putting feelers out to see if anyone is interested in organising basketball up at the courts next to Jackie Skelly's now that the evenings are getting warmer/brighter.

I would envisage mixed teams and a fairly easy standard. Personally, I haven't played in about 8 years.

Depending on numbers we could play half-court 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 or, for bigger numbers, we could play full court and depending on interest/court availability we could start in a couple of weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd be well on for that, but I'm very bad and very, very unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

I would be interested in taking part if you are organising mixed basketball. I have to admit it's been a long time since I've played though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ash760

I'd be interested too- although its at least 10 years since I played- I would at least provide you with something to laugh at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I think we may be hitting the right standard here!

Keep the names coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I think we may be hitting the right standard here!

Keep the names coming...

I may be interested too if the time doesn't clash with my football or other commitments. Now to give you an idea of my standard of playing: I have played basketball 3 (three!) times in my whole life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Mike,

If you are short a body every now and then I'll slot in.

Now here's tip: as for MuffinsDa, if he plays basketball like he plays football he's always hanging around the net poaching rebounds!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

astrofluff wrote:
    Mike,

If you are short a body every now and then I'll slot in.

Now here's tip: as for MuffinsDa, if he plays basketball like he plays football he's always hanging around the net poaching rebounds!

Yep, that's me, when I'm not giving golden passes and creating the most fabulous assists.

Did I mention that I'm very modest as well?! :)

Advertisement