Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate mod language

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It was good to see an issue somewhat resolved here. For the record, i started the joke of the beers being cancelled assuming it would be taken tongue in cheek along with the rest of the thread. tallaght01 saw the funny side, many others didnt. i retracted my naughty remark accordingly. I also back up his comment about going to the beers, we had it pencilled it in but i had to cancel last minute.

anyway judging by the thread at this stage, i dont think anyone cares anymore! why wont anyone care about me???? I feel so lost n lonely. :( maybe i should join a club???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dragan wrote:
    In fairness it was a good one, but i pegged him as a spammer about a page back. :)

Who psychic now, eh 6th????

Answer......not you! :D

Ah sure I'm already laughing at feedback threads that wont be posted for another 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Jocksy wrote:
    yeah. I cybered with a bot for an hour. But who is to say that is a bad thing. Man and machine doing the beautiful. Could be the future.

Its not ... I just checked.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

EH?! WTF?

Jocksy, banned until I work out what the f*ck you're game is.

If there is still a problem here, can someone LINK it for me? Everyone else, be warned, I am --><-- this far from going on a banrampage.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

DeVore wrote:
    EH?! WTF?

Jocksy, banned until I work out what the f*ck you're game is.

If there is still a problem here, can someone LINK it for me? Everyone else, be warned, I am --><-- this far from going on a banrampage.

DeV.

In summary, Amp banned tallaght01 because he continued a deeply unfunny "joke", in addition to coming off as a complete troll. He banned him and put him down.

tallaght01 didn't like being put down so he came here. Long story short he demonstrated to Amp he wasn't a troll and Amp apologised for putting him down. Afaik he is also unbanned.

endline carriage return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

6th wrote:
    Ah sure I'm already laughing at feedback threads that wont be posted for another 9 days.

Dammit. How do you always know?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what i dont understand is why the OP came on here waving a big moral stick about the type of language used, but then went away afer being placated by a simple apology for something else entirely.

it makes me think that moral outrage wasnt the real reason for posting, but that there was some other, deeper, more personal reason......

i felt the need to contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Barbara Streisand!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Boston wrote:
    endline carriage return

Am I going to have to go and find you a new intarwheb catchphrase so you stop using this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It's either that or "This post was brought to you by a man's man"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

This needs more closure in the form of kittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Abuse and kittens' you say ?

domokitty5cv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

n611440095_276099_3825.jpg

I'm seriously wandering towards the attitude, that true communication the people of this earth did not occur until the convergence, of photoshop, teh interweb, and thee fliming of "teh 300" never has a graphics program, and a guy pretending to be pissed off, combine to define so many emotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can't believe i've been a member of this for ages & ages and reading through this thread I realised that i'v never figured out what trolling is... Wanna help? I'm assuming its something along the lines of being a tool but I really don't know...
    :o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

dulpit wrote:
    Can't believe i've been a member of this for ages & ages and reading through this thread I realised that i'v never figured out what trolling is... Wanna help? I'm assuming its something along the lines of being a tool but I really don't know...
    :o:o:o:o:o:o
    Kindof
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Blowfish wrote:

Ah, so a veritable dickhead or something... Good to know, thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I woulnd't say a veritable dickhead. It's deliberately winding people up for your own entertainment.

For instance, I could start a thread on After Hours in the next 10 minutes saying "Boards.ie has been bought out", saying a company called Jelsoft Enterprises has acquired boards, and if you look at the bottom of any page you'll see proof of copyright handover - just for the sport that the ensuing muppetry would bring me.

Does it make me a dickhead?

Possibly.

Does it make me a troll?

Definitely.

Does it make me a troublemaker?

Without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

oMGz! jELSOFT BOUGHT BOARDS?!?!?!!?!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ohmygod it's true, I looked at the bottom of the page.

WHAT THE HELL

Advertisement