Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spares

Options
  • 10-04-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I couldn't find the useful links thread for this but having scoured the net for an Automatic gearbox for the Sunny I found a site in the UK www.partsgateway.co.uk .I ordered the box lastweek and it arrived first thing this morning. Only reason for the delay was the whole Easter holidays thing.

They act like a broker for a lot of different suppliers/dismantlers so you just submit a request and they return quotes from the suppliers. I found it a great service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

How much was the shipping? Gearboxes aren't the lightest of things to post from the UK......

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

How much was the shipping? Gearboxes aren't the lightest of things to post from the UK......

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

The shipping was £70.50 and it said 20kg on the docket but unless I got weaker overnight the gearbox was not 20kg- probably the heaviest damn thing I've lifted in ages!! THat was from International Car Spares via the partsgateway site.

I've gotten a few other bit's and pieces from them and also on quote and they are still (including VAT and delivery) cheaper than over here.

Advertisement