Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking Ticket - Legal Beagle Required.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wotsasilencer

The other stupid thing on this ticket says "4.(1) If you were not driving or otherwise using the vehicle referred to in the notice at the time of commission of the alleged offence you must, as required by S.3(3) of the Local Authorities (Traffic Wardens)Act 1975-"

Well I was not driving it - I was nowhere near it. I was in the Pub getting pissed with my mates from England. It was Taxed to be on the public road and thats where I left it so I could have some beers and get a taxi home.

Therefore I was not driving it - I had ceased driving it. Nor was I using it as I was in the pub. I had abandoned it temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Dun Laoghaire/rathdown council should be doing other things like solving the traffic jams than using the services of some company to track down people from say Kazakstan :D and issuing them with a parking ticket, total waste of money.
    What I do notice with this scratch disks is that sometimes the disk has already been scratched lightly possibly in transit to the shopkeeper so you could be fined even though your key didnt scratch out that silvery I0 when you scratched out a 9. The time is in 24 hours and it is easy to make a mistake with I5 hours instead of marking I7 hours as it happened to me once as I thought I5 meant 5 o clock:o oh well silly me but I think that the parking meters are a better form and closer form of payment than going to the shops on a Monday morning and discovering that there are no disks available and returning to your car and finding a ticket even if the warden couldnt be bothered listening to your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

If the 1961 Act is the current piece of legislation, the fact the new machines do not perforate the paper would make an interesting argument.

Forget the roundness bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The other stupid thing on this ticket says "4.(1) If you were not driving or otherwise using the vehicle referred to in the notice at the time of commission of the alleged offence you must, as required by S.3(3) of the Local Authorities (Traffic Wardens)Act 1975-"

Well I was not driving it - I was nowhere near it. I was in the Pub getting pissed with my mates from England. It was Taxed to be on the public road and thats where I left it so I could have some beers and get a taxi home.

Therefore I was not driving it - I had ceased driving it. Nor was I using it as I was in the pub. I had abandoned it temporarily.
    Parking is part of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

just pay it and u'll know then they'll be no summons coming in your postbox

isn't that a lot easier especialy when u say u don't do it regularly:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement