Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Writing on Car with a stone

Options
  • 10-04-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Was eating breakfast yesterday morning and could see a young child at my car...I thought she was looking at her reflection in the window but to my horror when I checked later she had written her name on the door of the car with a stone

Anyway after much f**king and jumping around I went down to the local motor factors and got some rubbing compund...Mightnt be the best thing to use paint wise but it did a pretty good job of getting all letters out...it is still noticable but only if you knew it was there

My question is: Is there anything else I can do. Give the car a good polish and waxing maybe

Worse thing is I was too sleepy and hungover to remember what the kid looked like and defo havent a clue who the parents are. Ill wear my boot off their h*le if I see them near my car again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Worse thing is I was too sleepy and hungover to remember what the kid looked like and defo havent a clue who the parents are. Ill wear my boot off their h*le if I see them near my car again!

You have her name - ask some neighbours if they know who she is/where she lives and have a word with her parents. And if the parents tell you to get lost (which they prob will) you can write your name on their car. ;) As for polishing etc my car is covered in port tunnel dust all the time so I can't give you any advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

It all depends on how deep the scratches are. Can they be felt with your fingernail? If so they may be too deep to machine polish out.

If they are not deep scratches its just the clearcoat thats damaged and can be buffed out. I have done it a few times with one of these.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement