Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ORB on three mobile broadband

• 10-04-2007 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten orb to stream to their phone using mobile broadband on three?
    If not which shop is the best to go ask for a demo trying it on a phone e.g. Carphone warehouse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I have Orb working on my windows mobile device on 3. Didn't try it on my Nokia handset yet.

The bandwidth doesn't seem to be good enought to watch tv or video streams (they work but are too jumpy to watch) but is ok for audio. I am assuming it is a 3G bandwidth issue as when I connect to the net over my wifi I get smooth video playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

so if one where to get a nokia n95 with the new fangled broadband thing HSPDA or whatever, would this work with orb perfectly? actually, will 3 allow you to use their unlimited broadband option on the HSPDA connection rather then bog standard 3G??

*phoenix2181 awaits by the door for the postman for his extra special ebay delivery of a shiny new nokia N95*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

so if one where to get a nokia n95 with the new fangled broadband thing HSPDA or whatever, would this work with orb perfectly? actually, will 3 allow you to use their unlimited broadband option on the HSPDA connection rather then bog standard 3G??

*phoenix2181 awaits by the door for the postman for his extra special ebay delivery of a shiny new nokia N95*

Just ordered an N95 myself. But of course I'll have to buy another three phone just to get the mobile broadband. I'm hoping the HSPDA will be better than the 3G speed. The minimum effective streaming for ORB seems to be 512kbps as it works fine for me over the internet with a good 512 upload capacity. WIFI on the lan is perfect on my PDA.

leahcim, are you on billpay or prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I'm on billpay.

Advertisement