Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lidl DVD Player from 2003/04

• 10-04-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Have an older DVD surround sound system I bought in Lidl - CAT DVA-2050. A surround sound system. Would anyone by any chance have a remote control for this they might be willing to sell, i.e. the system they have might be broken/unused etc. Anyone have suggestions as to where I might track down this remote???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Programmable remote?

(I have the same system, not willing to sell my remote but could program one for you if you can find a replacement.)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

5h4mr0(k wrote:
    Programmable remote?

(I have the same system, not willing to sell my remote but could program one for you if you can find a replacement.)

Thanks very much, perfectly understandable. Can I come back to you in a week or so if ad in paper fails to find one? Would programmable control be able to pick up everything?

It would depend on the remote. You should make sure that it can learn functions, so you can train it. Just need to make sure they have enough buttons on them, and enough memory to remember all the functions they need.

I got one in Lidl recently for €8 or €9 and it's pretty good (for the price).

listen, finally found the missing remote tonight. Under daughters bed for some unknown reason. Thanks for your offer!

Good stuff,

Keep an eye out for a cheap programmable remote and then train it up. Use that one and keep the original in a safe place!

• Advertisement

5h4mr0(k wrote:
    Good stuff,

Keep an eye out for a cheap programmable remote and then train it up. Use that one and keep the original in a safe place!

I presume that would mean you would need to keep track on the prog remote what you are training each button to do?

Advertisement