Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton Rare

Options
  • 10-04-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm looking for a bottle of Midleton Rare from 2002, I broke one of my Dad's collection! Anyone got the like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dominicsdilemma

Try this shop in Dublin.2 http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/
    All the Best Dominic

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Broke a bottle of Midleton???

You're lucky you still have your life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I'll check in work in the morning.... sometimes we have absolute jems (so much so infact that the celtic whiskey shop were buying a specific year of midleton off us at the asking retail price...and then they threw on a margin).
    Does it have to be 2002?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Unfortunatly that is going to be quite hard, and expensive, to replace if you need a 2002. We have the 2006 up in McHughs and is €115 a bottle.

You'r best bet for 2002 is to ring the Celtic Whiskey store 01 675 9744 first. If the can't help try the Middleton Brewery. I can't find the number on the net but in the wooden box the Middleton came in, there should be a leaflet with the serial number and an invitation to one of they're breweries (either Dublin or, i think Cork). The phone numbers should be on it.

If all else fails, you'll have to just buy the nearst year you can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

when you say 'broke', do you mean 'drank'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

No luck, we only had the 2006 in the very rare. It might be easier to get him a better middleton rather then put so much effort into getting another 2002. I guess its time vs. money. I doubt he'd complain about a 25 year old etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Got the number for the distilleries if you were still looking...

The Old Midleton Distillery, Co. Cork ---> 021 4613594
    Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin ---> 01 8072355

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Yeah, the Midleton 2002 will be quite expensive now. Your best bet is the Celtic Whiskey Shop, or go to shops that don't sell too much whiskey. They might have older bottles on the shelf...

For your guide, a whole collection of Midleton Very Rare, from 1984 to 2004, went for €10,000 at auction a few years ago. And the first bottle, the 1984, now goes for €700+.

And, as the whiskey in the newer Midletons is actually from older stock, they are better in general than the earlier ones. The last two years have been the best, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I might have an empty bottle (fill it with 2006) - Wife buys me a bottle every year for birthday - just got the 2006 on wednesday!!

I drink the stuff, but always keep the empties!

Try some of the smaller off licences - they may jsut ahve a bottle lurking at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tricky1

Still no luck with that 2002 bottle, tried all the places suggested and no joy. Distillery likely have some but say that they don't stock or sell it. Just have to keep looking I guess!! If anyone comes across one I'll pay a premium for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's a good off-licence at home I'll check ASAP. As was suggested, check with some of the smaller suppliers. If your friendly with a bar manager anywhere ask them to try and source one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Still not clear.. did you break an emptly bottle he was collecting? or was it full of middleton??
    Im not a whiskey person though im trying to get into it. Would love to try some middleton some time.
    Living near kilbeggan is lucky for me... i like their greenore whiskey but its not pure whiskey as far as i know, some sort of liquor as its sweeter than jameson or powers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Saruman wrote:
    Still not clear.. did you break an emptly bottle he was collecting? or was it full of middleton??
    Im not a whiskey person though im trying to get into it. Would love to try some middleton some time.
    Living near kilbeggan is lucky for me... i like their greenore whiskey but its not pure whiskey as far as i know, some sort of liquor as its sweeter than jameson or powers etc.

Greenore is a grain whiskey, rather than a single malt, blend or pure pot still. It is a pure whiskey, really. It's kind of like a bourbon, except it won't be as strongly flavoured because of the casks it is matured in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I saw a box of this in McDaids off grafton street on saturday when I was in there. You could give them a ring and see what the story with it is. They might sell it to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whiskey man

:d I Have A 2002 Bottle Of Midleton If You Are Still Interested.let Me Know. In Perfect Condition In Box With Cert And Invitation.:d

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Brockagh wrote: »
    For your guide, a whole collection of Midleton Very Rare, from 1984 to 2004, went for €10,000 at auction a few years ago. And the first bottle, the 1984, now goes for €700+.

Was in the Jameson distillery a few days ago and they have the full range on sale for a whopping €50,000. I'd actually feel sorry for someone who'd pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i was in their lately as well..
    They don't have the 2009 midleton in stock yet.
    I only want it to add to the collection

Advertisement