Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocation of BB and Phone

Options
  • 10-04-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

MODS: Please change if this is in wrong forum, thank you.

Basically Im moving home in the next week or so and I wanted the whole change of phone line \ broadband to go as smoothly as possible, I basically want to keep my existing phone line as its been the same for 20 + years (i know i know famous last words)
    I was wondering if anyone has gone through this before with regards to broadband etc. To give you a basic summary as above. I want to keep my phone number and move it to the new house, I will also need to get an Eircom Engineer out to downgrade the line in new house to a PSTN line as ISDN is already installed. I am with BT and as far as Ive heard I need a relocation form, does any one know if this is available online?

Any comments etc are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I haven't done it myself but I know people who have.
    Keeping the number shouldn't be a problem if you are moving within the same area code but I don't know anyone who moved to a different area and kept their number.
    The least painful way is to cancel BB at your current address and then request the transfer of address for your phone number. When thats done order BB frest at the new address. BT have a BB transfer procedure but it is painfully slow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Relocation only works within an exchange area, eg one eside of ballymun to another or one side of loughrea to another .

typically a mile or two in a big city and up to 5 miles in rural or small towns.

therafter you need to look at forwarding "in the exchange" and 1.5 line rentals etc

Advertisement