Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands Gun Shops

Options
  • 10-04-2007 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about changing my shotgun so i am, problom is i know where some of the gun shops are around laois, offally, kildare region but i know theres a few im missing. can anyone help and let me about any gun shops around this area.

thanks

stevo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

As far as i would be concerned the only ones i've been in worth mentioning are griffin hawe athy, stakelums in urlingford and shooting 'fishin in waterford.

All three have been very friendly and helpful great advice and well priced. Wouldnt take my business anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

went to griifen and hawe yesterday but they didnt have what i was looking for. bought a brand new over and undeer last night in portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

where is the shop in portlaoise and whats it called ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Portlaoise Rod and Gun, above Donie's Takeaway, and opposite the Courthouse.

thanks civdef

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

stevoman

What did you buy? and how much? if ya don't mind me askin?:)

I ordered A B525 30inch Advanced last saturday in Griffiths and they said it would be in stock in a couple of weeks, some quick paperwork adjustments/ hand in my Lanber and my Semi won't see daylight for a week or two.

Hezz

I'd have to agree with you Psitta, regarding Griffiths&Hawe and Stakelums.

Is that place in waterford worth a visit? I plan to buy new optics and will be pricing around.

does anyone know the best place to get a sight
    i have to change mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Hezz700 wrote:
    stevoman

What did you buy? and how much? if ya don't mind me askin?:)

I ordered A B525 30inch Advanced last saturday in Griffiths and they said it would be in stock in a couple of weeks, some quick paperwork adjustments/ hand in my Lanber and my Semi won't see daylight for a week or two.

Hezz

i bought a lumar scirocco 12g over and under brand new. i made a trade in, but he was looking for €735 without a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

james mcbride in athlone, top bloke, best shop

• Advertisement

stevoman wrote:
    i bought a lumar scirocco 12g over and under brand new. i made a trade in, but he was looking for €735 without a trade.

Nice piece of kit, very solid and reliable. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Hez i've bought one rifle off him before and another just a while ago waiting for the license to come through but he's a top bloke let me in to the gun room no problem to look around good for a chat as well and knows his stuff.

Was looking for a brno as opposed to a CZ and the man knew exaclty what i was talking about when i rang him up no fuss told me he had one and would hold it till i got there there the next day exaclty what he said bought it and gave me it for way less than i would have paid for it.

Def worth a look in and he's in the process of a new range in mullinavat currently caters for full clay shoot he's moving the shop up there and will have a rifle range not sure if the range is finished but its cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

[
    Is that place in waterford worth a visit? I plan to buy new optics and will be pricing around.[/QUOTE]

Bought my Remmy1100 off him a couple of years back.Pretty fair price for a2nd hand gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Seamus357

I heard that there is a gun dealer operating from his house in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. Has anyone any contacts details on this guy? I like to get in touch with him?

[
    Is that place in waterford worth a visit?

where in waterford is that shop ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sharpie

Seamus357 wrote:
    I heard that there is a gun dealer operating from his house in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. Has anyone any contacts details on this guy? I like to get in touch with him?
    Martin Hamilton is the guys name - 087 9083555

Advertisement