Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad Biking/Go Karting

Options
  • 10-04-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of places close to Galway City that does quad biking or go karting?

I've already looked online but cant find much.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

There's a place out in Tynagh, which If I can remember is out past Loughrea for Karting. I was there last year and it was pretty good. Nice long track and decent Karts. Only place in the county I'm aware of but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Didnt have a good experience at Tynagh one, they took our booking for a date 3-4 weeks in advance but when the day came and we drove out there ( and its a good bit out from Galway!) there was no-one there...they had all gone to a wedding...but never told us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Yeah, that's Pallas Karting. MEant to be the best. It's been years, but there was also F1 karting out Oranmore Ind Est, by the Quality Hotel. Small.

Don't know about quad biking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

is the one in tynagh still the biggest in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

majiktripp wrote:
    ( and its a good bit out from Galway!)

cheers for that.

how long of a drive would it be from galway city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

anyone know what this place is like?

Glaway Kart Racing
    Unit 1,
    Liosban Industrial Est.,
    Tuam Road,
    Co. Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I noticed quads for sale in JW Tools out in Oranmore too, www.jwtools.ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

is the one in tynagh still the biggest in europe?
    They say it is but that could be out of date by now. It's the widest anyhow. Most tracks I've seen over in the UK are narrower but look around the same length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

anyone know what this place is like?

Glaway Kart Racing
    Unit 1,
    Liosban Industrial Est.,
    Tuam Road,
    Co. Galway.

That place is closed for about 8+ Years, it was a small but fast track, pity its still not there, The F1 place in Oranmore that Eddie Irvine had something to do with is also gone and the Tynagh one is a rip off 25Euro for 15Mins ha ha no thanks.. The new City Limits place in Oranmore had a Go-Kart track indoors AFAIK but i dont know if its open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

I'm pretty sure that the karting at City Limits isn't the real McCoy. From the ad in the Advertiser yesterday, they look more like slow, one-speed kiddie's karts - the kind you see at funfairs with a metal bumper running all the way round the outside of the wheels. Not proper racing karts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Steyr wrote:
    That place is closed for about 8+ Years, it was a small but fast track, pity its still not there, The F1 place in Oranmore that Eddie Irvine had something to do with is also gone and the Tynagh one is a rip off 25Euro for 15Mins ha ha no thanks.. The new City Limits place in Oranmore had a Go-Kart track indoors AFAIK but i dont know if its open yet.

http://d3160033.u101.impactwebhost.com/zero-limits.html

it seems to be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement