Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

how do i play my laptop thru my tv

• 10-04-2007 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering how do i play my stuff that i have on y laptop thru my tv
    i have bought an s video cable and hooked it up but don't know where to go from there. both tv and laptop have s-videos slots

laptop is a toshiba
    windows xp home edition 2002

tv is samsung 32 inch hd ready

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Don't bother with the s-video cable your TV has a VGA input at the back which will make things much easier and give better picture quality.

Just get a VGA cable and plug the VGA output of the laptop into the VGA input on the TV. If your laptop has a DVI instead of a VGA output you can easily get adapters.

Anyway if you want to proceed with the s-video route you need to go into the graphics cards control panel and enable multi-display mode then select clone mode if you want the desktop of the laptop replicated on the TV screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ya i;m using the s video got it going in the end.

its a pity that i can't get the sound thru the telly though

would the othe way have muxh better quality i wonder?

You can get sound use the VGA cable & close to it is a PC audio in that uses the normal 3.5mm sound connection, connect a 3.5mm cable from your headphones output on the laptop to the PC audio in on the telly and you will get the audio.

(You could also possibly use a RCA/3.5mm adapter with the RCA inputs to get audio on s-video)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

8T8 wrote:

(You could also possibly use a RCA/3.5mm adapter with the RCA inputs to get audio on s-video)

ok thanks where would i get one of those?

Try local stores that sell audio cables or maybe Argos catalogue.

You can get them on Komplett as well but if you are going to buy from Komplett you may as well just buy the VGA cable and 3.5mm audio cable instead because you get better picture quality of it and is easer to setup/use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement