Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Credit with new phone, old sim

• 10-04-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

If I have put my old sim into a new phone, does my free credit on the new sim expire? You have to top up once an month but if I have never put the sim card in does that apply or does it go from when you put it in the phone for the first time?

As three don't do upgrades I had to do this to keep my number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The credit is died to the SIM card, not the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

So if I haven't used the sim card, will the credit expire? The sim is still in its box.

My thinking is while the sim (and phone) is still in the shop that is not counted as part of the time period so if I have bought it and brought it home it may not be any different i.e. is the sim deactivated until it connects to the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

So if I haven't used the sim card, will the credit expire? The sim is still in its box.

My thinking is while the sim (and phone) is still in the shop that is not counted as part of the time period so if I have bought it and brought it home it may not be any different i.e. is the sim deactivated until it connects to the network?

" * You activate your 3 Phone on , for example, February 10th
    * Within 30 days you purchase and load a new voucher (for example, February 20th) on your phone.
    * 30 days after your phone is activated, in this case March 11th, we give you €10 free top-up.
    * If you top-up at least €10 within each 30 day period, we apply €10 credit on the 30th day, 60th day, 90th day, 120th day, 150th day, 180th day, 210th day and 240th day since you became a 3 customer. "

As Urban said, the credit is connected to the sim and not to the phone, even if i says "activate your 3 phone" but they dont expect that you will use the sim in different phones, guess thats why the instruction is like that.

But if you never had the sim in any phone, then you havent activated the number at all, and you will start to get your first 10 euro when you put it in for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

flodis79 wrote:
    But if you never had the sim in any phone, then you havent activated the number at all, and you will start to get your first 10 euro when you put it in for the first time.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks! Sorry if my wording was unclear.

Advertisement