Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prius getting 116 MPG!

Options
  • 10-04-2007 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Via treehugger.com:

Enthusiasts in Japan have hacked their Priuses, and use zen-like driving techniques to get up to 116 miles per gallon (they go 1000 miles on a 13 gallon tank of gas). In Japan they are called "nenpimania", Japanese for "mileage maniacs". Their techniques involve hacking the cars' computer systems, adding special tires, strategically placing tap, cardboard and foam rubber over the engine and grill. They also drive barefoot, and strive to perfect what they call the "pulse and glide" driving method, which requires sensitivity when pushing or releasing the accelerator. Some drivers use only their big toe to push the accelerator.

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

LOL

any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I know some guys in the US were upgrading the battery back, basically adding extra batteries and a mains charger, trying supplment the battery power and up the 60MPG that it normally gets.. think they were averaging some where near 80 MPG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

lol so stripped down priuses are the big thing over there, only a matter of time before the the boy racers here will start doing it to;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thats bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

60?? is that all they normally get, i get 55 out of my 307 driving the sh1te out of it down windy (winedy??sp) country roads, it reached 68 mpg when i went to mayo

and i have never switched the aircon off, and its only about 15,000 to buy a 4 year old one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's all rubbish, they don't even go up hills or slow down around corners. We could all do phenominal economy if we drove like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Was it on the back of a tow truck?

Advertisement