Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kaz goulden

Options
  • 10-04-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

i am genuinley not trying to be mean, but the spot she has telling us about weird and wacky stories robbed from the bbc website from the last week is absolutely woeful.

im wondering if the phantom management is too "nice" to drop the deadwood?, or is it just a favour to try and give a friends neice/daughter a bit of a break?

p.s im not suggesting i could do a better job, but im sure i could find someone who can.

shocking radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

peepingtom wrote:
    i am genuinley not trying to be mean,

is it just a favour to try and give a friends neice/daughter a bit of a break?

Wow, I'd hate to see you when you ARE trying to be mean....

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think the slot is really good, and I know loads of people who think the same, so I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

Claiming that Caz is related to someone in Phantom is unfair and inaccurate, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I like her slot to.

Phantom has something that no other radio station in Dublin has. Genuine personality. I find Kaz entertaining, informative and human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I have to say I enjoy the slot too. Don't always get to listen to phantom daily cause of college but if it's on then the slot holds my interest. She does her research, delivers it in a casual style and has a bit of banter with Simon. If ya want New Scientist go buy it i guess...
    It's fair enough if you don't like it, but perhaps some suggestions as to what would make the slot better for you might help, rather than suggesting that eeeviilll nepotism is at work.

As for shocking radio, when was the last time ya tuned in to Gerry Ryan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Smurfpiss wrote:
    I have to say I enjoy the slot too. Don't always get to listen to phantom daily cause of college but if it's on then the slot holds my interest. She does her research, delivers it in a casual style and has a bit of banter with Simon. If ya want New Scientist go buy it i guess...
    It's fair enough if you don't like it, but perhaps some suggestions as to what would make the slot better for you might help, rather than suggesting that eeeviilll nepotism is at work.

As for shocking radio, when was the last time ya tuned in to Gerry Ryan :rolleyes:

here here

clearly a baseless defamation of her name based purely on the fact you dont like it. i dont like tomatoes, but i dont tell tomatoes they taste horrible.

you made no reccomendations to fix it and actually in your post suggested that phantom's hiring team are unprofessional in their choice and even suggested that YOU could find someone better

really and truly i dont know why people with no actual point fill the internet with such garbage. people like you are the reason i gloss over certain forum sites instead of fully participating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

here here
    i dont like tomatoes, but i dont tell tomatoes they taste horrible.
    I do. Shout at them every morning. Until they change their tune....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

awesome, send some my way
    :)
    if this giving out malarky works i may regularly purchase them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Caz's slot is brilliant on Phantom Daily, puts a smile on my face every time i listen to the crazy stories.

To be honest, to come out with some of the comments in your posts with no examples or references is horrible stuff. I know for a fact that caz works very hard getting her articles for Buzzclick every week. I also know she does other jobs around phantom, and is a great addition to the team. Those are facts, unlike any part of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

So what is your problem peepingtom?
    That she sources her stories from a reliable source!? Last time I checked a reliable source is a good thing in journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

Must be just me then ...... seems to me she just collects stories that ive already read about during the week from ONE source (and not very interesting stories at that), so thats my first problem .... the second is that she sounds like a five year old trying to tell a story to her grandparents. I'd laugh, but i dont think its supposed to be funny.... its just cringe.

hey, each to their own and all that, but i posted what i was thinking, and i thought thats what forums were for?

She should stick to making the tea as far as im concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Fair enough if you don't like the slot....not everything is to everyone's taste and that's to be expected. But there is no need for the way you put your comments across. You implied she got her job unfairly and that is completely out of order. I think you owe an apology for that.

I personally love Buzzclick....but don't always get to hear it. I can, however, testify to the hard work Caz puts into it and everything else she does with Phantom. As another poster put it; she's a great addition to the team!

• Advertisement

catch--22 wrote:
    Fair enough if you don't like the slot....not everything is to everyone's taste and that's to be expected. But there is no need for the way you put your comments across. You implied she got her job unfairly and that is completely out of order. I think you owe an apology for that.

I personally love Buzzclick....but don't always get to hear it. I can, however, testify to the hard work Caz puts into it and everything else she does with Phantom. As another poster put it; she's a great addition to the team!

Ditto. Your original post came perilously close to being a personal attack.

apologies .... didnt mean to be a personal attack at all .... i dont know the girl .... it was supposed to be merely a comment about her as a presenter, and the spot itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

hello,this is Caz.

A few points I'd like to make, I am definietly not related to anyone in Phantom. I did the whole interview process just like everyone else.
    I've been doing bits and pieces in Phantom back since the temp licence days.

I use a number of sources each week for Buzzclick, the bbc website is one of them, but one of a number including print. Its a technology, science and gadget slot but I try not to make it too techy, a bit lighthearted.

Sorry you don't like presenting style. I'm the first to admit I'm not the smoothest presenter out there but I thought I was a bit above the skills of a 5 year old.

Thanks for all the nice comments from people who like the slot.

And I make the biscuits and cake in phantom towers not the tea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Rockiemalt wrote:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Oh also, you might like the Buzzclick thats on on saturday about 5.40pm (i think) which is presented by Orlagh Donnelly.

Rockiemalt wrote:
    hello,this is Caz.

A few points I'd like to make, I am definietly not related to anyone in Phantom. I did the whole interview process just like everyone else.
    I've been doing bits and pieces in Phantom back since the temp licence days.

I use a number of sources each week for Buzzclick, the bbc website is one of them, but one of a number including print. Its a technology, science and gadget slot but I try not to make it too techy, a bit lighthearted.

Sorry you don't like presenting style. I'm the first to admit I'm not the smoothest presenter out there but I thought I was a bit above the skills of a 5 year old.

Thanks for all the nice comments from people who like the slot.

Rockiemalt! I didn't know you were Caz! (Or should that be Caz I didn't know you were Rockiemalt?)

Nice of you not to take it personally (I hope) Caz ... obviously the majority like your slot, im just a grumpy bugger i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

peepingtom wrote:
    She should stick to making the tea as far as im concerned.

I dont know how you got away with that statement man..... I definiitely would of taken the numerous attacks on her personally so fair play to Caz!!

Oh btw, have you found a better presenter yet? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I don't get to listen to buzzclick anymore but i used too all the time and i found it pretty good..i too spend my time reading reading endless amounts of rubbish on the internet and I'm always on the bbc website..but caz always had something to talk about that i hadn't heard about and was interesting and or weird and i like weird stuff...there are other things that annoy me about phantom it's far from perfect but it's closer then most and i think it will continue to improve and the likes of caz and some of the other new presenters on the station will improve with experience ...and to be fair even if you don;t like the buzzclick slot what is it 10 minutes a week? c'mon man surely you can find something better (or worse) to complain about.

c'mon man surely you can find something better (or worse) to complain about.

oh i do dont worry

• Advertisement
Advertisement