Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick PS question

Options
  • 10-04-2007 4:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to add smooth rounded corners to some photos i have in PS 7.0

I can get so far using the rounded rectangle tool, setting the path, selecting an inverse and the deleting the corners then. The thing is im left with whatever foreground colour thats selected, white in my case

Is there a way to make this transparent?

I have tried a few different methods and I remember I did this before but cant remember how I did this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I'm not sure if this will work in 7.0 but try double clicking on the background layer and a dialog box will pop up , click okay then try it again. As I say I dont know if this will work in 7.0 and by PS you mean photo shop not paint shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

If your image is the Background layer you need to duplicate it first. Background layer can not have transparency.

Once it's duplicated, do what you did before to the new layer, then switch off layer visibility on the Background layer.

//edit
    or, just double click on the Background layer as C_E said.. didn't know about that one actually, but I just tried it and it works fine (in 7.0)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yea that works but i have to save it as a .gif. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Well when you are then saving it as a .gif don't forget to check the box that say transparency , then the transparancy should be kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

jank PNG supports transparency and is lossless, if you are losing quality

• Advertisement
Advertisement