Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for Canon repair

• 10-04-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend somewhere that will repair my 400d ? Due to a series of events I won't go into now (cos I'm too upset), I ended up with a broken 400d over the weekend. The pins inside where the lense attaches have issues - one of them is stuck in. The outcome is no shutter release under AF mode, and a '099' error under manual mode.

I bought it in the US back in October so don't want to go to the trouble of getting it fixed there if it's going to be affordable here.

Recommendations please.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gravitylovesme

i don't know but :(:(:(
    i'd give you a comforting pat on the shoulder if i could

a.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Did you get any warranty with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Fajitas! wrote:
    Did you get any warranty with it?

US only Al. Need to go looking to see if I even still have it. I could get it looked at via the US since I travel there a bit, but the hassle of it makes me want to look into getting it looked at locally.

I noticed two screws on either side of these pins, so I'm figuring this part can be easily replaced. If it's not going to break the bank I'd rather get it done here and fast, rather than there and slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Try camera exchange on Georges Street. They are great. Canon Ireland wont touch it under warranty so expect to pay through the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Just dug up the warranty card and it clearly has "Canon International Warranty" written across the top, but then has "Canon USA INC" and "Canon Canada Inc" below that. Does that mean its US and Canada only or what ? Kinda confusing. Presumed it was US only, and I suspect it is.

Original question probably still applies - where do I get this looked at in Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are Conn's the main Canon people in Ireland yeah?

www.canon.ie is down at the moment. I'm sure they have an email addy you could contact.

Sorry for your loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Think These lads do the repairs for Ireland and England (not one bit sure though).
    You could do worse than look at them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

hey its awful when something like that happens!

i've finally concluded after a good deal of research that my EOS 1DS is in a bad state, i'm almost certain that the shutter assembly or part of it is broken and will have to be replaced even though as far as i can tell i've a very low count of shutter acuations. I've read of goodwill repairs in the US but as far as i could ascertain not this side of the atlantic :( I've yet to hear back from Canon just to confirm my diagnosis. Which or whether it's all bad news.

Anyway gettig back on topic - Canon's authorised service agents are these guys Image Supply Systems based in Dublin.
    However i've read a good deal of forum posts all over the place and would think you'd probably be better off to go to one of those Canon walk-in service centers in the US where it might be done in as little as a half an hour.

good luck anyway

:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 42 blather

I broke a 20D recently - and I've sent it to Image Supply Systems to get repaired - they handle Canon fixes in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bourke646

I just had my Canon G9 break and had a really fast and efficient job done by Colchester Camera Repair in the UK ( http://www.camera-repair.co.uk/ ) and the whole job was turned around in a week.
    The cost seemed not too bad, £103 for parts, service, and courier back to Ireland. They also give a six month warranty afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

or try fixation.co.uk. They fixed a focus problem on my 40D recently - I found them very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

well done on resurrecting a 2007 thread !!!

Advertisement