Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan/Vegi vs Coeliac

• 10-04-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Why is it that most resteraunts will suit their menus to suit a vegan/vegitarian diet, but will have nothing to suit a gluten free diet? Statistically, as far as I know and have been told, there are more people who are coeliac than there are vegans in the UK and Ireland. Considering coeliac is a disease, where as veganism is a choice, it would have made more sense to include gluten free menu choices. It's always boggled my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I agree. It can be so hard to eat out sometimes, especially when you're out with a large group who want to go to a pizza/pasta joint.

I was at a Xmas meal in Luigi Malones and I had salad for starters and main course. They could at least use gluten-free flour and let me have a pizza.

It's a rarity to come across a restaurant that fully takes coeliacs into consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

dudara wrote:
    I agree. It can be so hard to eat out sometimes, especially when you're out with a large group who want to go to a pizza/pasta joint.

I was at a Xmas meal in Luigi Malones and I had salad for starters and main course. They could at least use gluten-free flour and let me have a pizza.

It's a rarity to come across a restaurant that fully takes coeliacs into consideration.
    As far as I know, there's a gluten free resteraunt at the top of the Dundrum shopping center if you're ever there. Apparently it's been realy successful.

Advertisement