Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boss br micro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I don't know why all in one hardware recording is still so popular. It's a handy enough thing to carry to a practice session...but so is a tape recorder. Compared to what you'd be able to do with a half decent PC and sound card, I wouldn't say it's worth it. Editing on those things is a bitch. If you want a studio in your pocket I'd go with this one:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/zoom_h_4.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Well i got one for chrimbo and have to say i love it.

As a tool for writing it is excellent. i can throw down ideas very quickly then burn em to cd and listen in the car on my way to work.

i even did a rough vocal track on my way to work!

the drum machine is way cool too.the patterns are very useful and the way you construct drum patterns is brilliant.

If you think of it as a note pad and not a 'studio' you are onto a winner that cant be beat in my humble op.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 crucial

sounds good thanks for the replies lads!

Advertisement