Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone/Recycled concrete...where to get

Options
  • 10-04-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi

I will be putting in a long roadway and am wondering where I can get either stone or recycled concrete in Naas area and how much it should be costing me.

Thanks

Also how much will plant hire be for a tracked machcine per hour

Thanks John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not sure on exact pricing, but I get sand/gravel/stone from Toughers Quarry in OldTown, (between Two Mile House & Athgarvan). They were always very reasonable. I don't hove a contact number as I only ever buy a trailer load and collect myself.

Track machines are pretty expensive to hire (with a driver obviously), but they get the work done very fast. There is a guy based around Caragh, Ian Cole, I can get his number if you like.

P
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saw them crushing builders rubble etc. with one of those concrete crushers at one of my local recycling depots (CL Recyling in Mullingar) the last time I was there, you could ask around your local firms, I'm sure there must be more doing the same and selling it for fill.

BIL in England put in some farm tracks using recycled black top (Asphalt I presume) it was rolled resonably flat and this also had the effect of bonding it together, there was very little loose material, it was a great job for that sort of application and very cheap he said.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

prospect wrote:
    Not sure on exact pricing, but I get sand/gravel/stone from Toughers Quarry in OldTown, (between Two Mile House & Athgarvan). They were always very reasonable. I don't hove a contact number as I only ever buy a trailer load and collect myself.

Track machines are pretty expensive to hire (with a driver obviously), but they get the work done very fast. There is a guy based around Caragh, Ian Cole, I can get his number if you like.

P
    :)

Ian is good alright. Forgot about him.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do-more wrote:
    Saw them crushing builders rubble etc. with one of those concrete crushers at one of my local recycling depots (CL Recyling in Mullingar) the last time I was there, you could ask around your local firms, I'm sure there must be more doing the same and selling it for fill.

BIL in England put in some farm tracks using recycled black top (Asphalt I presume) it was rolled resonably flat and this also had the effect of bonding it together, there was very little loose material, it was a great job for that sort of application and very cheap he said.

I was back in there today and enquired about the price of crushed concrete and was quoted €100 for a 8 wheel tipper truck full. Not sure what your paying for crushed stone but the recycled concrete seems a very attractive price.

They also told me they had applied for planning permission to install an Asphalt recycling plant but were refused.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement