Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3: calling to italy? > cula buala....¬!

• 10-04-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right, are calls to the uk and italy part of the minutes you get every month?

i rung a number in italy there a while ago, maybe 15 mins on the phone, my current spending went up by about 11euros. damn. thought they were part of the allowance.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya I thought that any country that 3 had a presense in you could call any landline or mobile there and it was included
    I'm fairly sure when I called a landline in the UK a few onths back it was just teken from my mins

maybe you should call 333 if its a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Sorry, lads but that's nonsense -why did you think such a thing? 3 like home is crystal clear: your minutes BACK to Ireland IF you are in Italy or Hong Kong or Sweden (and so on) are available to you. Calls received in a 3 territory are free! Calls made within the territory to local numbers are at a preferential rate.

Calls to foreign countries from Ireland are at the same rate as they always were. The only possible difference is that you guys have the advantage of calling the UK from within your minutes (though no-one has yet confirmed if that is still the case since 3 Like Home was introduced, or if any, 50% or ALL of your minutes are still available to the UK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

think i will calll em later,

they are screwing up my bills, my data card bill has a current spending of over 2,000e.....
    it went from 2 euro to 1,900e in one day.

You can't blame them for your call to Italy; the T&Cs concerning 3 Like Home are free for all to read on their website. As it says "3 like home" i.e., you make and receive calls as though you were at home (while abroad).

Not "3 as I would like it to behave to suit me".

Clearly your data bill is a big mistake and you should report it as soon as possible. There is no way they would let it run up that high in normal circumstances. 3 UK sent me a warning message a week ago that I had gone over my *6MB* limit on one of my phones......!

• Advertisement

Incidentally your data allowance is part of '3 Like Home'. This means that use of same is FOC/within your bundle when in the north of Ireland or in the UK, DK, HK, SE, AT, AUS or IT. As long as you don't go over the 3GB you will not incur any charges while in any of those territories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

1huge1 wrote:
    Ya I thought that any country that 3 had a presense in you could call any landline or mobile there and it was included
    I'm fairly sure when I called a landline in the UK a few onths back it was just teken from my mins

maybe you should call 333 if its a mistake

Half of your monthly minutes can be used to call landlines and mobiles in the UK. Nowhere else. Read the terms and conditions of your priceplan/the price guide from the three website.

As other users have said 3 Like Home is a different beast and is explained on their website.

There has been a suggestion that now ALL of your minutes can be used to call the UK though this is still, at time of writing, unconfirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

wow was I off the ball or what
    their website was fairly confusing and their customer care are just as bad
    thanks for clearing that up lads

Why do you say that their website is confusing? Here's how they (3 IRL) explain it. I can't see the problem.

A Simple Plan - receive calls for free, make calls and send messages to mobiles and landlines in Ireland within your bundle
    One Flat Rate if you exceed your bundle allowance – 30c per minute for voice calls, 9c per SMS, 50c per min for video calls, 25c for photo messages, 50c for video messages*
    No Charge to Choose – connecting with the local 3 network is free and easy
    Ready to Roam – Pay monthly customers are automatically cleared for international roaming after 3 months
    No Hidden International Charges – make an international call while you're abroad and pay the same rate as if you were calling from Ireland
    Per Second Billing - means you're only charged for the time you use

• Advertisement
Advertisement