Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitesurfing for Beginners

Options
  • 10-04-2007 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hey, I'm looking at getting into kitesurfing. I've been looking around at a few websites and have a bit of information but figured im best getting some opinions here too.
    Is there much of a community/clubs doing this? or would it be something i'd have to try get my friends to start too, since obviously its not something you can do alone.

It also seems like something you have to invest a fair bit of money into, but i dont have too much of a problem with that. Anyone have any opinions or tips on getting started?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I think that bundoran surf co are doing kitesurfing lessons for beginners.
    They provide gear, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

i like the sound of the kitesurfing lessons. Let us know what you find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I have seen these fella's on East and West coast hotspots.

puremagic.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

i like the sound of the kitesurfing lessons. Let us know what you find.
    Yeah it seems as thoug you are talking between €100 and €120 a lesson. The one in Bundoran sounds good. Might give that a try if i can get a few others. Also its an excuse for a weekend away.

Has anyone here actually done it? So far anyone i've talked to has "seen it" and would like to try but has never got round to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

visit the IKSA (irish kite surfing Assocation) website they have a list of instructors on it www.iksa.ie or www.kitesurf.ie

i'd recomend puremagic. Dublin has some of the best conditions to learn in. as compared to other places dollymount is nice and shallow with relative flat water.

theres no real clubs at the moment other than the IKSA, who run the Irish tour and also the sandy burger weekends which are improver weekends for begineeers where soem of the more experienced guys are willing to helop people out for free.
    have a look at www.kitesurfing.ie thats where most kitesurfers spend the day when watchign the trees blow outside the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Definately go with http://www.puremagic.ie Best place ofr lessons in Ireland. Join the IKSA and you get insurance with the membership aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

hi, im selling two kitesurfing kites, f-one impact 13m and an airush flow 16m with 5th line bar, works really well with f-one kite, both kites good condition
    and new harness, mystic dark warrior, waist harness. with a pump aswell,
    pm me if you are interested, i might be willing to swap for something if anyone has anything they want to swap? i.e (kayak, surfboard, skateboard, bike, etc...)
    Theo.

Advertisement