Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bier Haus: Any good?

Options
  • 10-04-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

I've heard loads about the Bierhaus in Galway, and now I see there's one on North Quay. I don't know if it's run by the same people.

What's the verdict, looked nice enough from the outside, I haven't been in there yet though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

where is the pub ie street name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

It's on the north side of Lavitt's Quay. And yeah, it's decent. Good beer, clean pub, nice relaxed atmosphere. Well worth going in for a pint or several :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Mmmmm, Bierhaus.

What he said... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can we go next week, can we, can we, huh, can we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Any interesting beers?

Or that Rekorderigling (sp?) pear cider?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i assume you mean kopperberg pear cider?

and yes they do have good beers, both on tap and in bottles. got a new shipment of new types of beers few days ago as well.

interesting indeed

~Rebel~ wrote:
    i assume you mean kopperberg pear cider?

No this stuff is different. I first saw it at the last October Beer Fest in the Franciscan. I've only seen it in Fred Zeppelins since then though. Rekorderlig is the spelling. Nicer than Kopparberg I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

They sell the Rekorderig stuff in Costigans too I'm pretty sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Very good Table Quiz every Monday night at 8.30pm
    Free entry and free beer for leaders at half time and winners. Free shots for the caption competition too!!

dahamsta wrote:
    Can we go next week, can we, can we, huh, can we?

If you're a good boy in the meantime, I suppose we can...

Yeah plazzTT, they do Redorderlig alright. In fact I think they've stopped serving Kopparberg in favour of this. There's a quite nice elderflower version too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wilson3

The price of Kopparberg is gone up I heard as the percentage was so high on Mixed berry 7.5% there was a wine tax put on it i think the percentage now has even gone back down.
    I used to buy my take away bottles of my mixed berry in Bradley's on the north main street but it got far too expensive so i tried the pear end apple Redorderlig and was cheaper and very nice but i still preferred the kopparberg until this weekend at the beer fest i tried the mixed berry Redorderlig 5 euros for 7.5% how bad and it was way nicer than the old Kopparberg. Ill be headin back to Bradley's for me mixed berry after that (I hear you can get passion fruit too, how bad).
    As for the Beirhaus tis a great spot still kinda feels like its just up and running, just by the river grand and handy to town, excellent selection of beers and the manager is sound, overworked but sound

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any place that plays the Muppet theme tune is alright by me!

Yeah I had spotted that Mixed Fruit Kopparberg is no longer 'X-Strong 7.5", gone down to 5.3% I think.

I must try these new Rekorderligs. I've only had pear once or twice. But why is the 7.5% Rekorderlig not being taxed as wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

plazzTT wrote:
    But why is the 7.5% Rekorderlig not being taxed as wine?

Probably cause it's a new entrant onto the market and isn't that well known yet. It hasn't had time to pop up on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I've often gone to the one in Galway, strange, i never seem to recall leaving.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

if it's like the galway one ye should be grand but you wont have the kebab haus 3 doors down :D home of the 3/4 pounder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

wilson3 wrote:
    Ill be headin back to Bradley's for me mixed berry after that (I hear you can get passion fruit too, how bad).

Twas daycent stuff, raspberry was nice too. But it was bound to taste gorgeous after a pint of that Gulden drak ****e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can get Rekorderlig in Mutton Lane too, with loads of different types of beers. There's a mixed berry one that tastes just like strawberry Petit Filous!

• Advertisement

There's the pear Rekorderlig in Tom Barry's too.

and in the cruiscin too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

very good. mmm apple. newton beer like a sorbet for the palet if i do say so. one of the cosier places to head and the bar staff are really nice. and yes you can get the new cider stuff in costigans its where i first sampled it myself not sure if the pear ones are nicer than kopperberg pear but the other flavours are a lot nicer

Very good Table Quiz every Monday night at 8.30pm
    Free entry and free beer for leaders at half time and winners. Free shots for the caption competition too!!
    whats the prize?

Beer

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Where is this beer place? Is it the old exchange.
    I'm a Kopperburg fan too I must try this new stuff if I can pronunce it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pear Rekorderlig is nowhere near as nice as Kopparberg. It has that cidery tang which is the reason I can't stand Bulmers.

Advertisement