Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible news for Thursday (match thread)

Options
  • 10-04-2007 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Stalteri injured, out for a month.
    Lee injured, out for three months.
    Chimbonda plays, but not 100%.
    Tainio will play LB.
    King returns.

:(:(

From a very good source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

ye i saw that .. tbh i would be more comfortable with tainio playing ahead of stalteri. Stalteri is a liability imo .. Lee is the big loss .. hopefully Shimbomba can play or else we are truly in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

We also have Ifil - King is fantastic news. Staltieri has played well last 2 games - to my utter surprise as has Lee.
    Taarabt has signed for 5 years - he says, not 18 until May so can't prove it.

Seville short keeper and striker too.

If we play like Chelski or Utd tonight we advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Hi, I'm new here. A lifelong spurs fan since I got cigarette cards for Pat Jennings and Ralph Coates back in early seventies . As i live in wexford, I have only been to the lane once, but am travelling amarach and could do with some tips on where to drink/eat, before and after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hi mate, thanks for stopping by.

If you're around early in the day, there's a big Weatherspoons pub called the Gilpins Bell just north of WHL towards Edmonton. Walk past the ground coming from Seven Sisters direction for about 5/10 minutes, you'll come to the Gilpins on your right hand side. They do a decent bit of pub grub and have a great selection of beers. Otherwise take your pick from the many fast food/chipper places around the ground, not much as classy as a restaurant...:D There is one chipped I got a fantastic feed in, right across the road from Northumberland Park train station, about a 10 minute walk from the corner of Park Lane and Tottenham High Road.

Before you come to the Gilpins there's a pub called the Coach and Horses also on the right hand side, very good boozer that I usually spend my pre-game session in. Run by a Wexford man, and plenty of Paddys in attendance.

Nearer the ground there's the Bricklayers Arms, rough and ready but a good crowd and a fantastic atmosphere in the hour before kick off. Also, the Corner Pin and Bell & Hare are worth a try, both close to the ground.

How you getting out, and where are you staying?

flying out thursday to stanstead. staying at amhurst hotel.really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

if lee is unfit and king cant start, we could try zokora at left back and go 433.
    Might as well get stuck into them from the start. Don't think tainio is sticky enough for full back.

flying out thursday to stanstead. staying at amhurst hotel.really looking forward to it.

I'm on the 11:15 to Stansted, staying in Harlow Town. I think the 259 and 279 buses run close to the Amhurst, they both run from right outside the ground, and there's a stop just south of the Coach & Horses for heading back after the game. Ask at your hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Stalteri injured, out for a month.
    Lee injured, out for three months.
    Chimbonda plays, but not 100%.
    Tainio will play LB.
    King returns.

:(:(

From a very good source.

Hope your right about king, we miss him badly !
    Didnt know about stalteri..struggling for full backs bigtime, Ifill will probably
    get a chance so, or he has played ghaly at right full a couple of times !!

Am on same flight as you, it seems. any update on fitness reports? seems like atouba might even get a game if he was still around. David kerslake anyone? lets see, who was the worst Spurs full back of all time- I nominate Clive Wilson- nothing personal, he had been a decent footballer, but he typified that mid-nineties slump- he was our Shaun Telfer

Heard King limped out of training today...FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! :mad:

Ifil has been playing at LB in training, could be:

RB Tainio
    CB Dawson
    CB Chimbonda
    LB Ifil

:(

• Advertisement

Threads merged in case anyone's wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I heard that rumour about King too, but I'll wait until the team news is announced tomorrow before believing anything.

SuprSi wrote:
    I heard that rumour about King too, but I'll wait until the team news is announced tomorrow before believing anything.

King told Ben the Treeman in person that he's out. Close to gospel as far as I'm concerned.

Ledley King is back in the squad for tomorrow night's (Thursday) UEFA Cup quarter-final, second leg against Sevilla at the Lane.

The skipper has been out with foot problems since the win against Aston Villa on Boxing Day but is named in a 20-man squad preparing to meet the La Liga title challengers.

It looks like a case of perfect timing as well with fellow centre-backs Anthony Gardner injured and Ricardo Rocha ineligible for the UEFA Cup having played in the Champions League for Benfica.

With left-backs Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Lee Young-Pyo (both knee) also out and Paul Stalteri (hip) a doubt, Martin Jol faces a defensive headache as we attempt to pull back a 2-1 deficit from the first leg.

Full team news and Martin's comments will follow later...

Source

Hope my man is wrong...:D

Come On You Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

well it's all over already after just 3 minutes. no chance of scoring 3 goals.

my prediction is 0-4. these f**ing losers always let us down on the big occassions...

I hate my team.....:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Hehe if it was all over after 3 minutes it's definitely over after 7!! Feck that anyway, what a joke. The worst possible start, and no heart, passion, or technique since then. Berbatov was unlucky, but there's no chance now.

just switched back on and it's 2-2. don't think we can score 2 more goals, though.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

el diablo wrote:
    just switched back on

Here listen mate, go and "support" another team will you?

"Just switched back on".....muppet

• Advertisement

watch your manners, d**khead. if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

You're not a supporter, turning the match off cos they're losing

Get a grip and start watching Man U

You're not a supporter, turning the match off cos they're losing

Get a grip and start watching Man U

I've no interest in discussing this with you anymore. you're boring me to tears.... I don't need someone like you questioning my support.

end of story, puta...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Awful start but at least we got the 2 back - awful mistake not playing Ifil at FB, Tainio was completely lost. How Malbranque stayed on the pitch amazes me - he lost every ball in first half, never mind the goal.
    Definite penalty for Zokora, some awful refereeing - no away player booked.

long end to season - will be lucky now to get 6th or 7th place.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

el diablo wrote:
    well it's all over already after just 3 minutes. no chance of scoring 3 goals.

my prediction is 0-4. these f**ing losers always let us down on the big occassions...

I hate my team.....:mad:

No matter what, I could never say that I hate Spurs!

Roll on Wigan on Sunday!
    (And hopefully, there'll be no need for the Intertoto).

We always have the Fair Play league, which apparently we're top of again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Beaten by the better team I'm afraid, second half was good though at least thy didnt just lay down and die. Hopefully they learn from the experience this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

On another note our fans were F**KING AMAZING last night. Only London team whos fans actually sing at matches! Yids 'till I Die!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Very disappointing. We rallied well and in the end could have done it but it was an atrocious start and first half.

I don't personally see any reason why we can't keep pushing on and get at least 7th in the league - easily higher if we play well.

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote:
    watch your manners, d**khead. if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Behave, both of you.

Advertisement