Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insane driving in north kerry

Options
  • 10-04-2007 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

friend drove me home last sunday morning and a car went past us doing about 70, i had to blink a few times as i couldnt believe that the driver was looking into the field, all along. head sideways......

then my mate the driver goes, did you see your man, looking into the field. he joked that maybe he was born with a head crooked sideways syndrome.

madness on the roads now, might as well write out my will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

where in North Kerry was this??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I saw my a fair bit of bad driving in North Kerry on Sunday / Monday too. The Easter weekend really brought everyone out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

haha, to be honest that would kinda freak me out. Someone could be walking etc, or on a bike.

embraer170 wrote:
    I saw my a fair bit of bad driving in North Kerry on Sunday / Monday too. The Easter weekend really brought everyone out...

did you get stuck in any of the traffic jams here in Castleisland?? those bottlenecks are really bad......but none of all these holiday makers seem to realise that there are two diversions that in the summer months can save you over an hour on your journey, and all they are are 10 minute drives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seinas wrote:
    did you get stuck in any of the traffic jams here in Castleisland?? those bottlenecks are really bad......but none of all these holiday makers seem to realise that there are two diversions that in the summer months can save you over an hour on your journey, and all they are are 10 minute drives!!
    What: to get around the town itself, or what? I ask as my dad usually drives into the main street from the Dublin side, coming in by the T juction at the Ford motors place, going right, and exiting on the street where the church is (and on towards Scartaglen). Usually get caught in a nasty tail-back before then, though.

Does the diversions get you around that area?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote:
    What: to get around the town itself, or what? I ask as my dad usually drives into the main street from the Dublin side, coming in by the T juction at the Ford motors place, going right, and exiting on the street where the church is (and on towards Scartaglen). Usually get caught in a nasty tail-back before then, though.

Does the diversions get you around that area?

yep, but why would he be going to Scartaglen?? to get to Killarney or what??

well about 2 miles before coming into the town, there is a place thatis called ''The View'', you can see all the mountains of Kerry from there. There is a road down that leads you to Crag Caves, just keep driving on and you end up at the top of the town.

Another way is about a kilometre from the view, turn right for Lyreacrompeane at the Cold Storage/Distribution place, keep driving for about 2 miles and you can drive down a hill into Castleisland. If you are going to Tralee just keep driving straight, through the mountains and you come right into Tralee town!!!

Its so wierd to find hundreds of cars stuck out the Limerick road on the bank holiday Friday when they can also easily take diversions that will lead them to wherever they want to go in at least an hour or so quicker!! :D

Advertisement